Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auntie Beeb doesn’t like poppy’s

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Yup, I'm already outraged about people not wearing them for 2021.

Huuumf, (Rattles newspaper) damn right! I didn't die in world war 3 against the Martian hordes for someone to not wear a bit of paper and plastic on the telly...

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It's okay, you can buy your selection box for Christmas.

Carbon 6

War Hero
Yup as opposed to this tacky crap

They look like something off a Christmas tree, FFS.

Have you noticed that the BBC are not wearing poppies whilst ITV are.

Do we need to fire up the outrage bus?
Apparently BLM badges are more in fashion these days rather than commemerating the nations armed forces... at least whilst those lovely riots are stealing the limelight.

Frankly the only branded item I would use from them is BLM branded bog roll

Huuumf, (Rattles newspaper) damn right! I didn't die in world war 3 against the Martian hordes for someone to not wear a bit of paper and plastic on the telly...

Martian hordes?

Ooh, you were lucky, we used to dream of Martian hordes...

The word 'talent' is and has always been, an ironic term with the entertainment industry.

Did an ad for Nescafe and had to fly a DC3 out to the sticks for the filming. The talent were all clean cut young things with square jaws wearing adventure kit, leather flying jackets and so on.

Apparently they're not big fans of reality and the two actual crew bimbling about in shorts, t-shirts and flip flops in the 35 deg heat are not what bush pilots look like.

View attachment 515938
Poppy doesn't like you either. She told me she thinks you're an overemotional gobshîte. (Don't shoot the messenger!)

I was waiting for Poppy to show up. You were going to get a prompt if you hadn't brought her along by the time I got to the last post.

Beautiful furry ears.

Talent? it's been a long time since there was any of that (on any channel), it seems to have been replaced by opinion-giving harridans.
I agree with Helm, if you're going to wear one on TV, keep it simple and to the original design & intent.

Too bloody right, less is more.
That also goes for jewellery, perfume, the aforementioned tattoos and my medal rack.

And Christmas decorations !
Shops and High Streets putting up lights and trees before the first week of December has passed should be petrol bombed.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That also goes for jewellery, perfume, the aforementioned tattoos and my medal rack.

Shops and High Streets putting up lights and trees before the first week of December has passed should be petrol bombed.

Master F works in a large Tesco. They have already had the Mariah Carey music on a few times!

There are guidelines at the BBC. I say again guidelines.
It's up to the talent at the end of the day.

However it's a bit early.
It's not proper remembering if you don't start wearing one towards the end of August.

First week of December, are you on crack?

Eny fule kno that the last safe moment for the deployment of Christmas (note: not Xmas!) decorations is the day after Halloween. As an aside, I shall miss distributing out of date sweets to the kids this year.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Latest Threads