Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Auntie Beeb doesn’t like poppy’s

Whoa there. Park the bus please.
"Most people will start to wear the poppies on October 31, as this is 11 days before Remembrance Day. Many believe that in order to honour those affected by war, a poppy should be worn 11 days in advance of the Remembrance Day."
The Metro.

No one cares. Some people don’t wear poppies. (Not Poppy’s) Get over it and yourself

There are guidelines at the BBC. I say again guidelines.
It's up to the talent at the end of the day.

However it's a bit early.

TBH I'd rather they didn't wear one than the blinged up or multi coloured bollocks that's trying to take over the original version and intention.

There are guidelines at the BBC. I say again guidelines.
It's up to the talent at the end of the day.

However it's a bit early.
Talent? it's been a long time since there was any of that (on any channel), it seems to have been replaced by opinion-giving harridans.
I agree with Helm, if you're going to wear one on TV, keep it simple and to the original design & intent.

Have you noticed that the BBC are not wearing poppies whilst ITV are.

Do we need to fire up the outrage bus?
ITV are proudly poppy wearing. Last night on ITVBe Gemma Collins had fifteen hundred poppies shoved up her shitbox (they used a JCB) and she farted them out all over the studio, there wasn't a dry eye in the house at her moving tribute.