Auf wiedersehen, Jimmy Nail?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by OMJT, Jun 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Actor - Jimmy Nail Falls To His Death In New Zealand

[edit]
    Found where I can edit the title...
    This story has been proved to be complete bollocks. And I've spent 24hrs watch Spender as penance.

Move on, nothing to see here.
    Drink up, do your talking while you're walking etc.

2. That is a real shame.

But would have been more ironic had it happened in Oz.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

His WIKI entry has no details of his "death"

4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

RIP.

What size were his crocodile shoes?

5. Can I have his crocodile shoes?

Shit......too slow.

6. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

The story is fake - scroll to the bottom of the link and it says it in the small print...

Wordsmith

7. Ah bugger. That's me looking like a right prick. Sorry gents.
    I will now watch an hour of Jimmy Nail singing on youtube as penance.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bit excessive - why not take the easy option and stab yourself in the face instead?

• Like Like x 4
  9. No, no. I see it as my duty to take the difficult option.
    For some reason I'm having difficulty in finding an hours worth of Jimmy Nail Hits, so I'll probably have to go for Crocodile Shoes on loop. Hmm, stabbing myself in the face now seems the better option.

10. Is this not the wesbite that claimed that Eddie Murphy had died in a bizarre snowboarding accident?

I have a vague recollection that they have a series of '[celeb] has died falling from cliffs in New Zealand' and '[celeb] has died in a bizarre snowboarding accident' stories which they run from time to time. The cliffs in New Zealand are the most dangerous in the world for film stars who've never visited them, ISTR...

11. Why not watch an entire series of 'Spender'? Or isn't your error that grave?

12. Well spotted!

How sick in the head do you have to be to even think publishing something like that was funny?

I enjoy a good laugh, but that wasn't it! This however is funny: Billy Connolly talks about suicide bombers = funny - YouTube

• Like Like x 1
  13. Spender? Oh dear God...
    You don't like me, do you?

14. Rumours flood Twitter that Jimmy Nail has died in New Zealand in cruel online hoax - Chronicle Live

The Chronicle can confirm that rumours on Twitter that Geordie actor Jimmy Nail has died are NOT true. The actor's name started trending following a cruel hoax by a fake website

A hoax website called MediaFetcher.com which hides behind a heading of Global Associated News has posted today saying: “Actor Jimmy Nail died while filming a movie in New Zealand early this morning - June 7, 2013.

"Preliminary reports from New Zealand Police officials indicate that the actor fell more than 60 feet to his death on the Kauri Cliffs while on-set. Specific details are not yet available.

"The accident occurred at approximately 4:30 a.m.”

The Chronicle made inquiries with New Zealand Police who denied the claims and said: “This is simply not true.”

The site has also said actor Will Smith died in a similar accident to Jimmy’s while filming a movie in New Zealand. Actor Adam Sandler is reported to have died shortly after a snowboard accident while vacationing at the Zermatt ski resort in Zermatt, Switzerland.

The site also wrongly states that actor Eddie Murphy died in a snowboard incident.

None of them are true.