"Auditors" Police, security guards etc

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
What’s their rather unhealthy obsession with travelling the country filming police stations or police officers?
Each to their own I suppose....
I find it odd that’s all.
Why is it unhealthy ?
And what makes it an obsession ?
Are all people who watch soccer obsessed with their sport ?

I’m talking about on prison property, the grounds. I can’t quote the law, you’d have to go and read the signs on the wall.

I remember when I had my first day, we were briefed about not even being able to take photos of the outside of the building.

You need permission to film anywhere within the prison buildings, such as the gate areas. Again , impossible to enforce against a random member of the public other than asking them to leave.
Unfortunately, that may have been the case, but in the UK filming almost anywhere from a 'place accessible to the public' (as defined in the Criminal Justice Act) is lawful, including the filming of staff. I was challenged on the street by a security guard, as I was taking film photos of the National Cyber Security Centre, in Victoria (I was unaware of it at the time). He insisted that I needed a permit. Wrong - on land accessible to the public there's no such thing.

ETA: As pointed out, some parkland and within commercial premises (eg shopping centres) implied right of access can be removed if you engage in commercial photography - but that's not what we are talking about.

WELT2012R.jpg
WELT2015R.jpg

Taken with a 1937 Welta Weltini II 5.0cm F2 Schneider Kreuznach lens, FP4

Last edited:

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Unfortunately, that may have been the case, but in the UK filming almost anywhere from a 'place accessible to the public' (as defined in teh Criminal Justice Act) is lawful, including the filming of staff. I was challenged on the street by a security guard, as I was taking film photos of the National Cyber Security Centre, in Victoria (I was unaware of it at the time). He insisted that I needed a permit. Wrong - on land accessible to the public there's no such thing.
View attachment 631207

Taken with a 1937 Welta Weltini II 5.0cm F2 Schneider Kreuznach lens, FP4
Did you point out the station house sign was on backwards? ;)

Years ago i recounted on here, an amusing tale.
Me and the boss were doing a relatively big, for us, shoot in Hyde park.
Think four or so adult models and three kids, There was me, a stylist, couple of wardrobe, make up and the clients.
So about a dozen poeple opposite the Dorchester in a royal park which is readily accessible to the general public.
Anyway Billy big balls, royal parks policeman pulls up and waddles his fat frame over to me like he is john wayne with massively inflamed saddlebags.
He launches into "Do you know you have to have a".
I, will cut you off there mate i say, i am busy. I reached into my shirt pocket and handed him the permit signed by the home secretary.
I have never seen anyone look so deflated in my life, as the fat f*ck waddled back to his van.
My guvnor at the time had a very good and well connected agent.

Edit, this was back in the eightys and it was easy to get permission, as long as you knew what department to write to and had the right insurance, documentation.
I not so very long ago, i tried to get a permit to allow me access to Downing street as a photographer.
I gave up at the first hurdle, basically unless you are part of "the club". Forget it..

Last edited:
Regardless of their rights etc, I think people who choose to do this “for their own recreation” need death by paper cutting.
Why anyone would choose to be a complete dick, as a hobby choice is beyond me - perhaps @ipso_facto or @Maalox can shed why people are like this, given their own experiences…

And, and, the main protagonist speaking should also have its paper cuts seen to with a copious dosing of vinegar for cultural misappropriation!
The arm looked like it belonged to a white person in the beginning of the video, but they were speaking in a faux ‘gangsta’ Jamaican accent!

Did they travel all that way from the big smoke of London, to indulge in their *second favourite hobby of ‘auditing’?

*Their first favourite hobby being cottaging for glory holes - I presume.

Edit: I thought this thread was in the NAAFI? Mods feel free to delete comment if required.

Lemon juice. Lemons have anti bacterial qualities, and we wouldn't want them to get ill, would we?

Think four or so adult models and three kids models as well as me a stylist couple of wardrobe, make up and the clients.
So about a dozen poeple opposite the Dorchester in a royal park which is readily accessible to the general public.
Anyway Billy big balls, royal parks policeman pulls up and waddles his fat frame over to me like he is john wayne with massively inflamed saddlebags.
I,ll cut you off there mate i say, i am busy. I reached into my shirt pocket and handed him the permit signed by the home secretary.
I have never seen anyone look so deflated in my life, as the fat f*ck waddled back to his van.

Think four or so adult models and three kids models as well as me a stylist couple of wardrobe, make up and the clients.
I,ll cut you off there mate i say, i am busy. I reached into my shirt pocket and handed him the permit signed by the home secretary.

It was an hour previously, not years ago.

Is this your vehicle, sir?

66207.jpg

This is a fairly good representation on how to interact with the auditors.

Is there still a law against jaywalking? If so, please do the irritating twat for wandering about in the road.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Why is it unhealthy ?
Absolutely.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Why is it unhealthy ?
Absolutely.
I'd tend to agree, but to be honest I only know a few soccer supporters.
From what I have seen in the UK many seem to have an obsession with that game which is very different to the reverence in which cricket is held in the Subcontinent.

As you know my point was to Roger Out who dislikes these "auditors" and therefore assigns them mental identities and views based on his own emotional state.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
It's Tribalism. People want to 'belong' to something. Be it football, cricket, or these clowns, they want to be a part of something.
Maslow apart, there are people who can follow their teams faithfully without becoming obsessive.

AB - 'Auditing Britain' is one of the leading auditors in the UK, and posts some cringingly awkward videos of police and security staff massively over-stepping their authority. This video, taken last week, saw him being arrested on Terrorism charges (and then released five hours later, without charge). Almost every aspect of his arrest was wrong. Bearing in mind he has already had a successful civil action against the West Mercia Constabulary (they settled out of court), this has the likelihood of running for quite a while. The bar for stopping, detaining, searching and then arresting under s43 of the Terrorism Act is very high; interestingly West Mercia referred to s44, which was withdrawn several years ago...along with the mythical 'Policing Law'...

Last edited: