"Auditors" Police, security guards etc

They were in the right to ask you to stop, as far as I understand, as the buildings are copyrighted in so far as preventing publication of images for a commercial profit.
Its a Public place, they did not ask us to stop. Just wanted to ask what we were up to.
We were doing it for profit, but we were on public land.
As for copyright then the frontage of a building on public display, its game on. As long as you are on a public highway.The only copyright issue is who owns the rights,.the architects might own the original design drawings but as soon as its built and on public display then its image is public property.

Its a Public place, they did not ask us to stop. Just wanted to ask what we were up to.
We were doing it for profit, but we were on public land.
As for copyright then the frontage of a building on public display, its game on. As long as you are on a public highway.The only copyright issue is who owns the rights,.the architects might own the original design drawings but as soon as its built and on public display then its image is public property.
I'm sure you're right. I just recall an incident where someone was taking phots of buildings in the docklands and were prevented from doing so as they were doing so as they were going to produce so commercially.
FYI, as a former amateur snapper, I'm a big fan of photographing without restrictions.

I'm sure you're right. I just recall an incident where someone was taking phots of buildings in the docklands and were prevented from doing so as they were doing so as they were going to produce so commercially.
FYI, as a former amateur snapper, I'm a big fan of photographing without restrictions.
If it was the Canary Wharf Estate, that is private property not a public place, so that may have been the justification, but even then you can still photograph from outside the estate itself.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
The topic of 'auditors' came up at work, so I gave it some thought as to how I would react, and it is:

Photograph the individual and vehicle (if present) on my non work phone. State 'Not interested' which is my response to any cold callers etc. Phone 101 and the anti-terrorist hotline and explain a person, (with description) is potentially conducting a hostile recce at x location.

Get on with my life.

The topic of 'auditors' came up at work, so I gave it some thought as to how I would react, and it is:

Photograph the individual and vehicle (if present) on my non work phone. State 'Not interested' which is my response to any cold callers etc. Phone 101 and the anti-terrorist hotline and explain a person, (with description) is potentially conducting a hostile recce at x location.

Get on with my life.

You should not say that there is a person with same description of said auditor running around with what may be a weapon of [insert description] outside said establishment.
That would be bad. Do not do it.

Latest Threads