"Auditors" Police, security guards etc

They were in the right to ask you to stop, as far as I understand, as the buildings are copyrighted in so far as preventing publication of images for a commercial profit.
Its a Public place, they did not ask us to stop. Just wanted to ask what we were up to.
We were doing it for profit, but we were on public land.
As for copyright then the frontage of a building on public display, its game on. As long as you are on a public highway.The only copyright issue is who owns the rights,.the architects might own the original design drawings but as soon as its built and on public display then its image is public property.

Its a Public place, they did not ask us to stop. Just wanted to ask what we were up to.
We were doing it for profit, but we were on public land.
As for copyright then the frontage of a building on public display, its game on. As long as you are on a public highway.The only copyright issue is who owns the rights,.the architects might own the original design drawings but as soon as its built and on public display then its image is public property.
I'm sure you're right. I just recall an incident where someone was taking phots of buildings in the docklands and were prevented from doing so as they were doing so as they were going to produce so commercially.
FYI, as a former amateur snapper, I'm a big fan of photographing without restrictions.

I'm sure you're right. I just recall an incident where someone was taking phots of buildings in the docklands and were prevented from doing so as they were doing so as they were going to produce so commercially.
FYI, as a former amateur snapper, I'm a big fan of photographing without restrictions.
If it was the Canary Wharf Estate, that is private property not a public place, so that may have been the justification, but even then you can still photograph from outside the estate itself.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
The topic of 'auditors' came up at work, so I gave it some thought as to how I would react, and it is:

Photograph the individual and vehicle (if present) on my non work phone. State 'Not interested' which is my response to any cold callers etc. Phone 101 and the anti-terrorist hotline and explain a person, (with description) is potentially conducting a hostile recce at x location.

Get on with my life.

The topic of 'auditors' came up at work, so I gave it some thought as to how I would react, and it is:

Photograph the individual and vehicle (if present) on my non work phone. State 'Not interested' which is my response to any cold callers etc. Phone 101 and the anti-terrorist hotline and explain a person, (with description) is potentially conducting a hostile recce at x location.

Get on with my life.

You should not say that there is a person with same description of said auditor running around with what may be a weapon of [insert description] outside said establishment.
That would be bad. Do not do it.

I’ve also seen a few of these “auditors” who go into warehouses, building sites etc.
They seem to be a nuisance and serve no purpose. What are they auditioning? Why do the people filming think that anyone would be interested in filming a security guard working at a building site?
They are wind up merchants and nothing else.
I’d be annoyed if I was at work minding my own business and some twat with a camera phone stuck it in my face , whilst being antagonist.

I’ve also seen a few of these “auditors” who go into warehouses, building sites etc.
They seem to be a nuisance and serve no purpose. What are they auditioning? Why do the people filming think that anyone would be interested in filming a security guard working at a building site?
I’d be annoyed if I was at work minding my own business and some twat with a camera phone stuck it in my face , whilst being antagonist.

They’re cnuts.
The people who follow them are cnuts
They’re watched by cnuts
For the benefit of……… yep, you guessed!

One day it go very wrong for one of these ‘auditors’. The law of averages means they will ‘audit’ the wrong place, with the wrong person. Hospital food menu awaits a lucky winner one day.

Better to do it properly:

exbluejob

LE
Book Reviewer
Yeah but they're allowed by law so that's alright then.

One auditor was arrested for a public order offence or maybe a suspected terrorism offence. I think the police officer just had enough of having a google law expert shoving a camera in his face.
He was nicked and help in a cell for 22 hours, then let go with out charge.

Can the police hold you for up to 24 hours?
If so, that’s the ace card for plod isn’t it?

Nick a nuisance auditor, put them in a cell for 23 hours and then let them go.

One auditor was arrested for a public order offence or maybe a suspected terrorism offence. I think the police officer just had enough of having a google law expert shoving a camera in his face.
He was nicked and help in a cell for 22 hours, then let go with out charge.

Can the police hold you for up to 24 hours?
If so, that’s the ace card for plod isn’t it?

Nick a nuisance auditor, put them in a cell for 23 hours and then let them go.
When did 'being an annoying twat' become a criminal offence?

One of the leading Auditors, 'AB', has successfully taken civil action against a number of Police Forces for unlawful detention, including for detention and searches under Terrorism Act s43. Up thread there's a very good presentation by the Black Belt Barrister who outlines the very high level of grounds to detain and search the public on suspicion of terrorism offences.

I agree that quite a few of these so-called auditors are annoying, but filming from a 'place accessible by the public' is not an offence. There are a few exceptions under SOCA 2005 but these are very, very narrow in application.

When did 'being an annoying twat' become a criminal offence?

One of the leading Auditors, 'AB', has successfully taken civil action against a number of Police Forces for unlawful detention, including for detention and searches under Terrorism Act s43. Up thread there's a very good presentation by the Black Belt Barrister who outlines the very high level of grounds to detain and search the public on suspicion of terrorism offences.

I agree that quite a few of these so-called auditors are annoying, but filming from a 'place accessible by the public' is not an offence. There are a few exceptions under SOCA 2005 but these are very, very narrow in application.
About the same time the "wrong attitude" to wearing a mask became a criminal offence -

Arrest me now.

Latest Threads