"Auditors" Police, security guards etc

I would become alarmed and fearful if some random stranger was wandering around outside my home or place of work videoing. It's not normal.

my bold .. it could be counted as some form of harassment, especially if it happens more than once, especially if the victim was of a non white ethnicity!

Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 is a good place to start.

It gives the Police, and can give some lower order bodies (Ie: Council officers, CSAS) powers to deal with assholes. The threshold can be quite low.
Eg: busybody mit camera acting odd to try and provoke a response, but tries it in a PSPO. Bellend gets reported to authorities. This gets passed on to Council/Police. The act of reporting is arguably sufficient to justify a prosecution as it has alarmed someone. Hell, it doesn't even need to be reported. If the officer thinks it may cause ASB and can justify that (it all depends on the wording of the PSPO).

Police have more wide ranging powers, that I think can be applied anywhere, while Council and CSAS are geographically limited I believe.
None of which have been used against people filming in a public place.

Some of these Coppers are gorgeous.

1636565391005.png

I deliberately haven't shared any image of her face for her own privacy, but she is gorgeous, and very chatty in one of the videos too.

Some of these Coppers are gorgeous.

View attachment 614912

I deliberately haven't shared any image of her face for her own privacy, but she is gorgeous, and very chatty in one of the videos too.
I was once following behind someone rather similar. I was pretty intrigued, right up until they turned around and I found out that they had a beard and were (presumably; one mustn't judge) a male hipster.

I was once following behind someone rather similar. I was pretty intrigued, right up until they turned around and I found out that they had a beard and were (presumably; one mustn't judge) a male hipster.
Trust me - this one doesn't have a beard, she merely has the voice of an Angel, the kind you want to be the very last voice you hear as the blood drains from your body after you've been stabbed and are about to depart this mortal coil.

Don't matter what they think you are doing as long as you are stood in a public place. Sadly many of my former colleagues don't seem to understand that and go at it like a bull in a china shop. Be chatty, be polite, and the photographer will probably just volunteer up what they are at anyway.

Have a read: ===> https://www.theiac.org.uk/resourcesnew/filming-in-public/ACPO_Guidance_PhotographsPublicPlaces.pdf

I had the daughter carry around that letter when she was on her meedja course at university just in case she was stopped whilst out and about filming.

Because it was unlawful. Specific sites can be granted protected status under national security/CT legislation, assuming that they meet a threshold. Teaching baby-REME techs how to use a screwdriver or delivering MATTs at Bassingborne ain't it.
Indeed. There is a site in Cheltenham where it is made very clear every few metres that you are not invited to wander past taking photos. Not that there's much to see anyway.

Indeed. There is a site in Cheltenham where it is made very clear every few metres that you are not invited to wander past taking photos. Not that there's much to see anyway.
That's because it is a designated site and thus protected under SOCA 2005. Trespass can result in immediate arrest, for example.

Lots of enthusiasm to ‘audit’ public sector employees, les so to hold to account the most corrupt government we’ve had in living memory.

Utter bellends. But don’t mind me; I have a dim view of real auditors, let alone these self-appointed monkeys.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Who audits the auditors?

Not a fan of the bellends doing youtube vids.
I am/was a photographer by trade and me and my boss had a large format camera outside the bank of England taking a shot of an unrelated building.
The Mansion house, A quick word from the plod who wore the silly hats and all was well.
"we are just checking what you are up to".
"Just don't take any pictures of the frontage of the bank"
I do however take issue with the presumed right of law enforcers being able to ban a photographer doing his/her, job in a public space .
Its a job, and we have to document things that may be helpful in future legal proceedings.
Once you get into the realm of banning the publication of stuff in public areas you are on very dangerous ground

Last edited:
Not a fan of the bellends doing youtube vids.
I am/was a photographer by trade and me and my boss had a large format camera outside the bank of England taking a shot of an unrelated building.
The Mansion house, A quick word from the plod who wore the silly hats and all was well.
"we are just checking what you are up to".
"Just don't take any pictures of the frontage of the bank"
They were in the right to ask you to stop, as far as I understand, as the buildings are copyrighted in so far as preventing publication of images for a commercial profit.

Latest Threads