"Auditors" Police, security guards etc

You fail to mention the Gurkha demands ID and for the photographer to declare his citizenship - neither actions he had authority to do to an annoying member of the public on a public footpath.

But did he contravene any law asking for them?

It just goes to show how demoralised a society we have become if people are willing to support a complete tosser who cyber bullies and harasses our public services. Guy should go back to Algeria if he don’t like the way things are run.

No he didn't, but he also overstepped his presumed authority

But not contrary to any laws. Just like the auditor likes to remind people that their actions are not contrary to any laws.

That AB is a complete tosser. His channel should be removed from YouTube for promoting terrorism.
Perhaps you might like to read Part 1 of the Terrorism Act 2006. See if you could find a charge that equates to the actions of these 'auditors'.

exbluejob

LE
Book Reviewer
Perhaps you might like to read Part 1 of the Terrorism Act 2006. See if you could find a charge that equates to the actions of these 'auditors'.

Until you 'challenge' them how are you supposed to know what they're doing? Someone wandering around videoing buildings, people and cars is, IMHO, very unusual.

Until you 'challenge' them how are you supposed to know what they're doing? Someone wandering around videoing buildings, people and cars is, IMHO, very unusual.
Challenging is fine, but what most of what these 'auditors' do is perfectly legal, albeit annoying. Annoying isn't (yet) against the law.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
There is a scouse git auditor on yoo toob
he was recording the inside of a police car
fair credit it had her lunch stuff on the seat, but since they shut down Police stations and removed canteens and toilets, where Officers could relax and eat a meal, and talk without being overheard, then they have to grab a bite where they can
she didnt rise to the bait

It could be - perhaps @dingerr can enlighten us - but I don't think there have been any prosecutions.

Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 is a good place to start.

It gives the Police, and can give some lower order bodies (Ie: Council officers, CSAS) powers to deal with assholes. The threshold can be quite low.
Eg: busybody mit camera acting odd to try and provoke a response, but tries it in a PSPO. Bellend gets reported to authorities. This gets passed on to Council/Police. The act of reporting is arguably sufficient to justify a prosecution as it has alarmed someone. Hell, it doesn't even need to be reported. If the officer thinks it may cause ASB and can justify that (it all depends on the wording of the PSPO).

Police have more wide ranging powers, that I think can be applied anywhere, while Council and CSAS are geographically limited I believe.

Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 is a good place to start.

It gives the Police, and can give some lower order bodies (Ie: Council officers, CSAS) powers to deal with assholes. The threshold can be quite low.
Eg: busybody mit camera acting odd to try and provoke a response, but tries it in a PSPO. Bellend gets reported to authorities. This gets passed on to Council/Police. The act of reporting is arguably sufficient to justify a prosecution as it has alarmed someone. Hell, it doesn't even need to be reported. If the officer thinks it may cause ASB and can justify that (it all depends on the wording of the PSPO).

Police have more wide ranging powers, that I think can be applied anywhere, while Council and CSAS are geographically limited I believe.
You are barking up the wrong tree there.

Latest Threads