"Auditors" Police, security guards etc

It maybe perfectly legal to wander around a police station car park filming officers and recording their private vehicle registrations, but it’s certainly an idiotic pastime.
I agree; the young chap in the above video doesn't sound the full quid; but that does not excuse the behaviour of the police Inspector.

jinxy

LE
Apparently there is. From early in the thread, you just lift them on some spurious holding charge, then try to find something better into which you can shoehorn them later on down at the nick.
That's a double-edged sword. I was out with a mate, years ago. We had been drinking and I was on the back of his bike, we got pulled over, he failed the roadside test. No insurance, L plated 2 up. Cops only wanted him for DD. He passed the station test and was let go.

To some on this site, yes.

Bear in mind the terrorist threat levels in the UK and the deadly attacks that have occured over the last few years, seeing some random bod filming a police station or force HQ could potentially be a terrorist recce to assess access or places to place bombs for maximum effect.
Asking WTF they are doing is common sense and it should not be encouraged just to massage some sad morons sense of importance!

My pen is what
Does anyone think this is acceptable?

I haven't watched it, but anything that hacks off tools like you has to be a good thing so I vote 'Acceptable'.

Bear in mind the terrorist threat levels in the UK and the deadly attacks that have occured over the last few years, seeing some random bod filming a police station or force HQ could potentially be a terrorist recce to assess access or places to place bombs for maximum effect.
Asking WTF they are doing is common sense and it should not be encouraged just to massage some sad morons sense of importance!
Ah but they're exercising their rights see and they don't have to explain nothing to no 'authority'.

That may be, but filming in public or from a public thoroughfare is lawful and until the Annoying Twat (Prohibition and Detention) Act is passed (ie never) it will remain so.

You may be from the Dixon of Dock Green 'clip around the ear' school of racist and misogynist policing but Grandad, those days are over.

Additionally, hostile recce is not carried out by autistic anoraks who actively engage with police and security staff.

Last edited:
AB has just published one where he ‘audits’ police at the US embassy.

Which I’m going to suggest that even with the smartest legal minds in the world backing you, is likely to have significant effects on your future holiday experience - especially if you ever planned a transatlantic flight and US border entry

endure

GCM
AB has just published one where he ‘audits’ police at the US embassy.

Which I’m going to suggest that even with the smartest legal minds in the world backing you, is likely to have significant effects on your future holiday experience - especially if you ever planned a transatlantic flight and US border entry
He's Somalian. How much chance do you think he has of getting a US visa in the first place?

He's Somalian. How much chance do you think he has of getting a US visa in the first place?
He must be the only Somalian with white hands! I think he’s Algerian, Tunisian maybe Lebanese. I’ve heard speak good (fluent) french. Likewise, not a Somali naming convention. I’m sure he’s not Somali. Happy to be proved wrong.

That may be, but filming in public or from a public thoroughfare is lawful and until the Annoying Twat (Prohibition and Detention) Act is passed (ie never) it will remain so.

You may be from the Dixon of Dock Green 'clip around the ear' school of racist and misogynist policing but Grandad, those days are over.

Additionally, hostile recce is not carried out by autistic anoraks who actively engage with police and security staff.
You really are a sad little man. You have now branded someone racist as they have a opposing view to you. Sad

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Unfortunately, much of of the middle and senior management in the public sector, and especially the various HR departments appear to have bought into the degree idea. Therefore anyone with a strong grounding in actual real life, i.e people who have worked in other sectors and been hands on and practical are likely to be effectively excluded. Unless they’re prepared to find the time and finances to do a degree. Most people who have gone straight into the workplace from education usually have commitments by the time they’ve reached their mid twenties which would preclude them from getting a degree due to those same time and financial constraints.
Ironically, by getting a fuller cross section of people into public sector job roles like the police, people with previous experience from a multitude of sectors, you’re actually getting real diversity
(not to mention common sense learned from practical experiences) rather than the current definition as prescribed by HR and senior management and of course, politicians.
I think that an insistence in recruiting people on the basis of a degree would only make the police seem even more remote from the public. On a similar theme, I’m told by old school nurses that the degree thing was one one of the worst things ever to happen in nursing.

^ this. My better half did her Nurse training the old school way, back at the beginning of the '90s. She has spent most of her career working as a Practice Nurse (as opposed to hospital nursing), a large percentage of which was in military medical centres in UK and Germany. She is now very, very experienced, highly qualified with many other nursing skills and qualifications. She is often asked to assist in other local(ish) practices as some nurses don't know how to do even some basic tasks. "Oh, I was shown this in a PowerPoint presentation, but I've never actually done it". A degree level education doesn't impart skill, it just shows you how to pass the course.

^ this. My better half did her Nurse training the old school way, back at the beginning of the '90s. She has spent most of her career working as a Practice Nurse (as opposed to hospital nursing), a large percentage of which was in military medical centres in UK and Germany. She is now very, very experienced, highly qualified with many other nursing skills and qualifications. She is often asked to assist in other local(ish) practices as some nurses don't know how to do even some basic tasks. "Oh, I was shown this in a PowerPoint presentation, but I've never actually done it". A degree level education doesn't impart skill, it just shows you how to pass the course.
Would your partner not have trained under the Project 2000 scheme, which was half academic/half clinical practice? My understanding is that most, if not all P2000 students graduated with a Bachelor's Degree.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Would your partner not have trained under the Project 2000 scheme, which was half academic/half clinical practice? My understanding is that most, if not all P2000 students graduated with a Bachelor's Degree.

No. As I said, she did her training in the early '90s. Specifically May 1990. As a Student Nurse back then you just came out as a RGN. Project 2000 began after she had finished (plus, it was in Edinburgh. Scotland always does things differently)

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
No. As I said, she did her training in the early '90s. Specifically May 1990. As a Student Nurse back then you just came out as a RGN. Project 2000 began after she had finished (plus, it was in Edinburgh. Scotland always does things differently)

I've just spoken to Mrs Legs. Her course was the last one under the old system. Project 2000 began in 1991. Apparently it was because the Hospitals/Doctors wanted Nurses to be able to replace some of the jobs junior Doctors normally did, thus saving money on hiring junior Doctors. Sounds about right.