"Auditors" Police, security guards etc

So over the past 2 years or so the online trend of "auditing" police, security guards, council officials and others has grown in popularity.

After initially being incredibly irratied by some of these absolute bell-ends making a public nuisance of themselves, my view is somewhat changing. Not least in light of the Sarah Everard incident, and others, where police officers have misused their authority.

One of the better "auditors" is a character calling himself "AB" who is clearly much brighter than others, including many of the organisations that he "audits".

So what do we think of this process - and I mean - holding those in office to account by publicly outing their stupidity.

Personally, I think if I ever encountered one of these Herberts, who was clearly trying to get a rise, I would wish them a good day and carry on, or do the Boris trick of offering them tea...getting into conflict is clearly what they're looking for.

unlawful detention?

Basingstoke council morons

Last edited:

cowgoesmoo

Old-Salt
I've got mixed feelings on these folk - they come across as saddos trying to get some excitement by provoking people, however it also seems like those being filmed often give them exactly what they want by acting like complete tossers. MDP at my place now just completely ignore them which seems to wind them up even more

Mbongwe

Old-Salt
I don't understand the point of overtly testing / challenging / goading someone (whatever their job); don't these "auditors" (as someone put it) understand that the copper etc will behave better when they know they;re being filmed :rolleyes:?

DarkBrig

War Hero
I don't understand the point of overtly testing / challenging / goading someone (whatever their job); don't these "auditors" (as someone put it) understand that the copper etc will behave better when they know they;re being filmed :rolleyes:?
Unfortunately they don't behave better, why they don't just ignore them is beyond me but they don't, which just plays in these idiots hands and doesn't create a good image.

Mbongwe

Old-Salt
So over the past 2 years or so the online trend of "auditing" police, security guards, council officials and others has grown in popularity.

After initially being incredibly irratied by some of these absolute bell-ends making a public nuisance of themselves, my view is somewhat changing. Not least in light of the Sarah Everard incident, and others, where police officers have misused their authority.

One of the better "auditors" is a character calling himself "AB" who is clearly much brighter than others, including many of the organisations that he "audits".

So what do we think of this process - and I mean - holding those in office to account by publicly outing their stupidity.

Personally, I think if I ever encountered one of these Herberts, who was clearly trying to get a rise, I would wish them a good day and carry on, or do the Boris trick of offering them tea...getting into conflict is clearly what they're looking for.

- making Southampton Police look stupid

Northampton Police HQ
Sexy copper in the Northants video (the bird in the thumbnail!) says she's a Special Constable, and by Jove she looks nervous as feck dealing with that weirdo filming her!

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Personally I think they're a bunch of bellends.

Far from the "this was all fields" type nostalgia, there was a time when people actually feared The Police. Yes they were b*stards but they were our b*stards and sometimes the only way to fight fire is with fire.

The quote from Demolition Man, "send a maniac to catch a maniac".

I caught a 2 minute clip on YouTube yesterday of the police (*note the lack of capitals on this occasion), calmly explaining to the Insulate Britain nut jobs they're causing an obstruction of a highway under Section blah-blah, thinking to myself, "the guy doesn't give a shit what offence, what section - just grab the cnut by his long grey hair in front of his unkempt, unemployed mates and make an example of the prick by wrapping his precious little fingers with your truncheon". Worst case scenario, the smelly CND badge wearing tree hugging hippy won't be able to hold a tacky placard for at least another 6 weeks...

But they're not afraid of the police, because of knobs like this ^ who spent the 90s as teenagers in and out of Police stations gobbing off to the desk Sgt, knowing more about their rights than the duty solicitor stood next to them

Mbongwe

Old-Salt
Personally I think they're a bunch of bellends.

Far from the "this was all fields" type nostalgia, there was a time when people actually feared The Police. Yes they were b*stards but they were our b*stards and sometimes the only way to fight fire is with fire.

The quote from Demolition Man, "send a maniac to catch a maniac".

I caught a 2 minute clip on YouTube yesterday of the police (*note the lack of capitals on this occasion), calmly explaining to the Insulate Britain nut jobs they're causing an obstruction of a highway under Section blah-blah, thinking to myself, "the guy doesn't give a shit what offence, what section - just grab the cnut by his long grey hair in front of his unkempt, unemployed mates and make an example of the prick by wrapping his precious little fingers with your truncheon". Worst case scenario, the smelly CND badge wearing tree hugging hippy won't be able to hold a tacky placard for at least another 6 weeks...

But they're not afraid of the police, because of knobs like this ^ who spent the 90s as teenagers in and out of Police stations gobbing off to the desk Sgt, knowing more about their rights than the duty solicitor stood next to them
Anti-police people will see 2021 as grist to their mill; the first copper in donkey's decades to be convicted of manslaughter on duty (that PC who kicked the daylights out of Dalian Atkinson), then the evil bugger who murdered Sarah Everard, then across the pond Derek Chauvin being convicted of murdering George Floyd....

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Anti-police people will see 2021 as grist to their mill; the first copper in donkey's decades to be convicted of manslaughter on duty (that PC who kicked the daylights out of Dalian Atkinson), then the evil bugger who murdered Sarah Everard, then across the pond Derek Chauvin being convicted of murdering George Floyd....

True.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I like seeing plod with egg on their face as much as the next man, but **** me; how did this country get to the state where gobby pricks can purposely wind up coppers for a hobby, with absolutely zero repercussions or consequence?

As our esteemed prime minister mentions above, people should be scared of the police. This shit wouldn’t stand in any other country. **** would have a truncheon wrapped round his head, or if he was in America he would be tazed then shot, then tazed again for good measure.

Mbongwe

Old-Salt
I like seeing plod with egg on their face as much as the next man, but **** me; how did this country get to the state where gobby pricks can purposely wind up coppers for a hobby, with absolutely zero repercussions or consequence?

As our esteemed prime minister mentions above, people should be scared of the police. This shit wouldn’t stand in any other country. **** would have a truncheon wrapped round his head, or if he was in America he would be tazed then shot, then tazed again for good measure.
A big factor is social media culture and the obsession some sad b'stards have with being legends in their own lunchtime, even if they prove themselves to be total throbbers...

wild_moose

War Hero
Some of them annoy me and are clearly out just to get a rise out of the officers concerned.

Others, AB is a good example, do a pretty good job of exposing when the police are either ignorant of the appropriate laws or abuse them (the terrorism act being a good example)

Others are just hilarious - the Golden Wonder crisp factory in Scunthorpe is comedy gold.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
A big factor is social media culture and the obsession some sad b'stards have with being legends in their own lunchtime, even if they prove themselves to be total throbbers...
Agreed, but why are UK coppers so powerless to prevent it?

Mbongwe

Old-Salt
Agreed, but why are UK coppers so powerless to prevent it?
Coppers (like most of us) don;t want to be tried in the court of public opinion (which is what social media is) plus there's the aspect I think you're getting at of "how did lose our way as society?". That latter point is too big for my brain to answer.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I didn't know there was this term 'auditors' flying about. We normally just call them '*********'.

I've seen it all in my time - good cop, bad cop, lazy cop, sexy cop, rude cop, stupid cop, brave cop, cowardly cop, etc, etc.... At the end of the day, just because someone is in the police, doesn't mean they're the best of the best. It means they passed an entrance interview and exam just like everyone else, and just like any other big organisation that needs to keep as close to 100% manning as possible with high turnover, sometimes the bar was set high, sometimes it was set low.

If people have an issue with how police officers conduct themselves, as in, behave as a person, then they need to take the issue up with the Force in question and more specifically, their Director of HR & Recruiting, because it will be them who set the bar low, hence how today you're dealing with stupid cop / lazy cop / rude cop rather than one of the good ones.

As I've said before, there are shit nurses and doctors, shit firemen and paramedics. Some Drs and nurses have gone on killing sprees, some firemen have raped people (9yrs old apparently - I just did a quick search in Google to confirm that!).

The entire system of recruitment is broken in most of these organisations. They should have the absolute best of the best, with core values absolutely baked into their being. Unfortunately, we don't live on Planet Perfect. We live on Planet Reality, which says that humans can and will be *********.

Back on the subject of these irritating people that try to get in your way, I've encountered them before and it's a ******* right pain in the arse. Mainly, because you will know you are empowered by the law to do something, but can you remember it? Can you ****! If anyone says, "Well you should", go count the number of laws that exist and then come back to me to tell me you could memorise them all. Either way, it's irrelevant, as you don't need to be able to rhyme off the law to use it, just as long as you know it's there. It's not ignorance of the law, it's the simple sheer inability to remember hundreds of laws that most humans have. You should of course know the 'busy' ones, i.e the high tariff laws that you do a regular trade in, which in Scotland are for example your S.38s, MDA ones (5(2) and S.23), Common Law ones and your basic RTC stuff if you need to do a stop on a vehicle, plus your search legislation.

In that sense, I get why people want to test the police on this stuff. In the ideal scenario, it's because they want to be reassured that they know how to do their job right. That's fine, come watch us on a Saturday night at tipping out time as we put ourselves into the middle of a crowd to stop a fight or pursue someone down back lanes whilst other cops try to deal with the female behind the wheelie bin who's just been raped. You'll see we know how, in general, to do our jobs.

Unfortunately, it's usually because they're running a YouTube channel with 100 subs and they want more attention that they do it. Otherwise, why film it? They can ask the same questions and would in all honesty probably get a better response - but we all know how videos can be manipulated and taken out of context.

Again though, if there are cops who can't answer those questions on legislation because they don't know them off by heart, take that general issue of up with the Force in question, not the cop. Once you're past your probation and confirmed in the rank, pretty much all your core policing training stops. The only time you'll get any new training in the law is when you stumble across something you don't know, and have to figure it out. More than once I've had the huddled conflab with my neighbour, goes something like this:

"Can you remember the section for this?"
"Uhm.. no, can you?"
"****... no.... he's definitely committing an offence though..."
"Hang on, I'll point the gaffer."
*Beeep.... Beep...*
"Go ahead..."
"Gaffer, we've got this guy, whistling on a Tuesday... What's the charge for that again?"
"Eh.... hang on..... (Muttered whispers with his neighbour)... No idea... Just do him for a breach and we'll sort it out later."
"Rgr that."

(The context to this is that there are some useful 'catch all' laws, but once you get back to the station, you can look into it and go, 'Aaah, S.19234.a(b)s29 for whistling on a Tuesday, right, I'll change the charge' - something you're allowed to do by the way, as long as the original arrest was also accurate. i.e I can't arrest you for an assault for whistling on a Tuesday, but I could arrest you for a breach as it was causing a disturbance to the peace, but then change it to the more specific bit of legislation.)

Point is, it's a pretty difficult ******* job to do. So whilst I and my colleagues might not always know the exact section you need to get charged under, we do know we're right to stop you / arrest you. That's a big difference between doing that and just being Lord Cuntington of Cuntsworth who treats the public like shit because he's got a stick and a Warrant card.

Swinging back on topic to these people with cameras. I have no issues with being filmed. If I'm dealing with an incident, fine, as long as you're not in my operational space. As soon as you step into my operational space, I'll ask you, nicely, not as a cop but as a bloke to step back and give me some space. If you don't, then I'll warn you once, as a cop, to step back and cease interfering with me in the execution of my duties. If you don't, then you're going to be arrested, either by me or another resource that's either there, or that I'd call for to assist. Your phone would be seized as evidence of the offence of interference and you'd get it back in about a year once the case has ran (or longer, as is usual).

If you want to just harass me in the street and film me whilst I'm on patrol, I'll simply tell you that I'm on patrol and I am unable to answer your questions. I'm not going to feed them troll food. There's nothing that says I have to engage anyway. Again, if you refuse to cease, then it'll go the same way as above, because you're interfering with my patrol and thus my duties.

Ultimately, I'll use my chat as much as possible, to try and get you to stop, but these people need to remember that every minute they spend giving a cop grief for Likes, is time that cop isn't doing their job.

The simple fact of that is that when someone needs the police, they might not be there for them because they're dealing with one of these fuckwits.

The big take away from all of this though is that regardless of the type of cop you get - lazy, stupid, brave, etc, or how well they know their legislation, or how well they perform in front of a camera when they get ambushed by YouTube *******, the absolute vast majority of them will, when push comes to shove, put themselves in harms way to protect that very same YouTube ****** when they're faced with harm.

As part of my role, I have training which lets me engage with colleagues that have experienced traumatic situations. I can tell you there are plenty of cops out there living with nightmare fuel in their heads, but they still crack on every day to keep people safe.

On the light side of being a video dafty, this one never gets old:

Last edited:
It's the way that you do it. Certainly it looks like the kind of activity that appeals to self important, ignorant bell ends. But then so is policing.
I grow increasingly concerned with the state of British policing... I could write a long tedious list at this point but won't.
I'll just leave it at - the more witnesses we have the better, even though the George obviouselyoffhisfaceondrugs Floyd fiasco shows how wrong it can go. And still is.
All I'll say is that when I first started living in Spain I unfavourably compared the Guardia Civil to our solid, professional common sense plods but it's a lot less easy to say that nowadays. And no the GC haven't noticeably improved, but they do at least make fcukin' effort in the face of blatant thievery etc.
I'm beginning to think we need some sort of reform in the police... or I dunno, an alternative? I know gendarmeries are often second raters but our cops are on the slide.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It's the way that you do it. Certainly it looks like the kind of activity that appeals to self important, ignorant bell ends. But then so is policing.
I grow increasingly concerned with the state of British policing... I could write a long tedious list at this point but won't.
I'll just leave it at - the more witnesses we have the better, even though the George obviouselyoffhisfaceondrugs Floyd fiasco shows how wrong it can go.
All I'll say is that when I first started living in Spain I unfavourably compared the Guardia Civil to our solid, professional common sense plods but it's a lot less easy to say that nowadays. And no the GC haven't noticeably improved, but they do at least make fcukin' effort in the face of blatant thievery etc.
I'm beginning to think we need some sort of reform in the police... or I dunno, an alternative? I know gendarmeries are often second raters but our cops are on the slide.

You've got a lot of really young people joining up now who have more experience in TikTok than life. That's your quick win right there, fixing that.

I didn't know there was this term 'auditors' flying about. We normally just call them '*********'.

I've seen it all in my time - good cop, bad cop, lazy cop, sexy cop, rude cop, stupid cop, brave cop, cowardly cop, etc, etc.... At the end of the day, just because someone is in the police, doesn't mean they're the best of the best. It means they passed an entrance interview and exam just like everyone else, and just like any other big organisation that needs to keep as close to 100% manning as possible with high turnover, sometimes the bar was set high, sometimes it was set low.

If people have an issue with how police officers conduct themselves, as in, behave as a person, then they need to take the issue up with the Force in question and more specifically, their Director of HR & Recruiting, because it will be them who set the bar low, hence how today you're dealing with stupid cop / lazy cop / rude cop rather than one of the good ones.

As I've said before, there are shit nurses and doctors, shit firemen and paramedics. Some Drs and nurses have gone on killing sprees, some firemen have raped people (9yrs old apparently - I just did a quick search in Google to confirm that!).

The entire system of recruitment is broken in most of these organisations. They should have the absolute best of the best, with core values absolutely baked into their being. Unfortunately, we don't live on Planet Perfect. We live on Planet Reality, which says that humans can and will be *********.

Back on the subject of these irritating people that try to get in your way, I've encountered them before and it's a ******* right pain in the arse. Mainly, because you will know you are empowered by the law to do something, but can you remember it? Can you ****! If anyone says, "Well you should", go count the number of laws that exist and then come back to me to tell me you could memorise them all. Either way, it's irrelevant, as you don't need to be able to rhyme off the law to use it, just as long as you know it's there. It's not ignorance of the law, it's the simple sheer inability to remember hundreds of laws that most humans have. You should of course know the 'busy' ones, i.e the high tariff laws that you do a regular trade in, which in Scotland are for example your S.38s, MDA ones (5(2) and S.23), Common Law ones and your basic RTC stuff if you need to do a stop on a vehicle, plus your search legislation.

In that sense, I get why people want to test the police on this stuff. In the ideal scenario, it's because they want to be reassured that they know how to do their job right. That's fine, come watch us on a Saturday night at tipping out time as we put ourselves into the middle of a crowd to stop a fight or pursue someone down back lanes whilst other cops try to deal with the female behind the wheelie bin who's just been raped. You'll see we know how, in general, to do our jobs.

Unfortunately, it's usually because they're running a YouTube channel with 100 subs and they want more attention that they do it. Otherwise, why film it? They can ask the same questions and would in all honesty probably get a better response - but we all know how videos can be manipulated and taken out of context.

Again though, if there are cops who can't answer those questions on legislation because they don't know them off by heart, take that general issue of up with the Force in question, not the cop. Once you're past your probation and confirmed in the rank, pretty much all your core policing training stops. The only time you'll get any new training in the law is when you stumble across something you don't know, and have to figure it out. More than once I've had the huddled conflab with my neighbour, goes something like this:

"Can you remember the section for this?"
"Uhm.. no, can you?"
"****... no.... he's definitely committing an offence though..."
"Hang on, I'll point the gaffer."
*Beeep.... Beep...*
"Go ahead..."
"Gaffer, we've got this guy, whistling on a Tuesday... What's the charge for that again?"
"Eh.... hang on..... (Muttered whispers with his neighbour)... No idea... Just do him for a breach and we'll sort it out later."
"Rgr that."

(The context to this is that there are some useful 'catch all' laws, but once you get back to the station, you can look into it and go, 'Aaah, S.19234.a(b)s29 for whistling on a Tuesday, right, I'll change the charge' - something you're allowed to do by the way, as long as the original arrest was also accurate. i.e I can't arrest you for an assault for whistling on a Tuesday, but I could arrest you for a breach as it was causing a disturbance to the peace, but then change it to the more specific bit of legislation.)

Point is, it's a pretty difficult ******* job to do. So whilst I and my colleagues might not always know the exact section you need to get charged under, we do know we're right to stop you / arrest you. That's a big difference between doing that and just being Lord Cuntington of Cuntsworth who treats the public like shit because he's got a stick and a Warrant card.

Swinging back on topic to these people with cameras. I have no issues with being filmed. If I'm dealing with an incident, fine, as long as you're not in my operational space. As soon as you step into my operational space, I'll ask you, nicely, not as a cop but as a bloke to step back and give me some space. If you don't, then I'll warn you once, as a cop, to step back and cease interfering with me in the execution of my duties. If you don't, then you're going to be arrested, either by me or another resource that's either there, or that I'd call for to assist. Your phone would be seized as evidence of the offence of interference and you'd get it back in about a year once the case has ran (or longer, as is usual).

If you want to just harass me in the street and film me whilst I'm on patrol, I'll simply tell you that I'm on patrol and I am unable to answer your questions. I'm not going to feed them troll food. There's nothing that says I have to engage anyway. Again, if you refuse to cease, then it'll go the same way as above, because you're interfering with my patrol and thus my duties.

Ultimately, I'll use my chat as much as possible, to try and get you to stop, but these people need to remember that every minute they spend giving a cop grief for Likes, is time that cop isn't doing their job.

The simple fact of that is that when someone needs the police, they might not be there for them because they're dealing with one of these fuckwits.

The big take away from all of this though is that regardless of the type of cop you get - lazy, stupid, brave, etc, or how well they know their legislation, or how well they perform in front of a camera when they get ambushed by YouTube *******, the absolute vast majority of them will, when push comes to shove, put themselves in harms way to protect that very same YouTube ****** when they're faced with harm.

As part of my role, I have training which lets me engage with colleagues that have experienced traumatic situations. I can tell you there are plenty of cops out there living with nightmare fuel in their heads, but they still crack on every day to keep people safe.

On the light side of being a video dafty, this one never gets old:

This.
A thousand times this.
I have just retired and am glad to be rid of this nonsense.
One of my best friends killed himself in May, because of the accumulated horrors he'd dealt with in 29 and a bit years of policing. He was due to retire in December.
Policing requires people to see and do things other people don't or can't want to. A lot like soldiers but more in the public eye.
And cops are human. So maybe you will get a reaction if you stick a camera in their face.
Who does this filming help...aside from the ego of the filmmaker.
And if you don't think cops aren't accountable internally.....you haven't worked in the modern police.

Anybody who knows how utterly shit most Auditors are won't draw any comfort from this

And they don't even use green pens the Auditor walts

You've got a lot of really young people joining up now who have more experience in TikTok than life. That's your quick win right there, fixing that.
Yes!!!
I know cops are supposed to be representative of the public but so much of them nowadays have so few practical skills and experience that I begin to think that we should scrap that.
I remember, about 20 something years back having a convo with a friend where both agreed it would be much better if all police had a degree. What. A. Naive. Tw@t. I. Was.
If I had a time machine I'd go back and slap my younger self silly. (Sillier even)

Latest Threads