Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by shrimper, Dec 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone else chasing their tail with this. Why was no assett tracking capability issued for this multi-billion pound issue? If I worked in Tesco I could track a can of beans from the manufacturer to the warehouse and then out of the check out in order to re-demand. As ever fast balled, frustrated and fed up!
  2. And dont forget 8O
    none of the kit will be swapped around with other wagons :roll:
    really! :x :x
  3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Its always good to hear someone shimfing..
  4. Are you complaining because you don't know where everything is and you have been asked to account for it?
  5. Because the MOD didn't want to spend money on the handheld asset tracking thingy that's part of the BOWMAN system.

However, how hard is it to check serial numbers? Pain in the arrse maybe, but hardly particularly taxing.
  6. shrimper have heart, I am with you all the way as would anyone who is involved. It is complete Bullocks that GD have got away with this sh*t and now the whole G4 system has to bend to sort it out for them.
  7. The real pity is that by the time it is all installed it will be state of the ARK!
  8. B=better
  9. hee hee
  10. Further to my last,with it breaking all the time and the fast turn around of some of the kit ,it has been a nightmare sorting our serial numbers out(when we left telic we had an iso container full purely of knackered kit)
  11. Hardly taxing?Have you seen how much sh**te you have to get round in a CR2 turret?
  12. My only issue with this whole audit is that the MOD (and more specifically LAND) have known BCIP5 was coming along next year for sometime and it has only just now realised that they have no idea where all the Bowman is. We now have a knee jerk reaction of giving every unit such a short time-scale to get returns back up the CoC for where it all is.

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring!

13. I did chuckle when it was said on the course. Obviously an idea by some one with no concept of real life. :D
  14. Hardly taxing? The sigs stripey in my Sqn is trying to chase down over 800 individually serialised items, the poor sod has worked past midnight for the last 7 days.

Sounds quite taxing to me...
  15. No kit will be swapped.............or sold on ebay!!!