Audi - The hate thread.

Gopping, tasteless gash. Better than average chance some oblivious turd in his own little universe will bimble about in it annoying other road users.
I’ve sat in one at a dealer stand at a county show , the interior appears to be built from compressed elephants breath ( or something equally insubstantial)
They make the orig 240z look classy though!.

Get back on thread. Aim your vitriol towards Audis.

I drive a SEAT, I feel dirty just with it being part of the VW/Audi group. At least it was free.

SWMBO has expressed a liking for a Q2 while we were waiting for the crap dealers to fix her broken A1.

My reply was not printable even here.

Bl**dy great bloated thing with no room inside. In blue, think of it as an inverse Tardis.

Can anyone recommend a good divorce lawyer?

SWMBO has expressed a liking for a Q2 while we were waiting for the crap dealers to fix her broken A1.

Bl**dy great bloated thing with no room inside. In blue, think of it as an inverse Tardis.

Jeremy Bamber

Levi Bellfield

etc

Princess Di's driver ?

I resent that; I am neither fit, handsome, 'good with colours', nor do I enjoy the works of Bronski Beat - whilst my income is non-taxed it is not contrary to the laws of the land.

View attachment 335421
I can confirm that is Ivan's real car...

rich b*gger.... ;-)

I bought an Audi A4 Avant S-line 18 months ago.

I has a Skoda Scout and a Volvo C30 and wanted the practicality of the Skoda with the build quality of the Volvo...so I originally went to look at another Subaru Outback.

Subaru could not do any deals or offer any discounts, but I saw a newish secondhand one at the Audi dealership. After looking at it, the salesman suggested I look at the A4 and offered an excellent trade in deal, a discount and a dealer contribution.

Cut a long story short, I got nearly 7k off the new price and a super low APR on the finance, so I bought it.

I now have reasonable build quality, superb MPG, but the car is quite low, so no rough tracks for me, and the load space is not that great. It is fully loaded with kit which is nice on my long commute, but I am already looking to trade it in...for an Outback! My last one was the best car I ever owned and was sold with 120k on the clock.

Aberdeen is meant to have the highest number of Audis per head of population in the UK. It is noticeable!

I try not to be a C###. What I do notice is that when I drive the Audi, everyone wants to race. Off the lights, out of roundabouts, away from crossings. I don't want to race, its a diesel, its not particularly fast. I get it every day. I get fed up with others being a twat towards me.

I also drive a Subaru STi (FE) I don't drive it any different and yet their is a noticeable change in peoples attitude towards me. Might be because they know that if I wanted to, I could beat them. But I don't. I like driving it at a steady speed, and the fact that I don't have to slow down for corners means I can make rapid progression without having to thrash it.

Strangely, Subaru were able to do an amazing deal on the STi, maybe because they were the last ones and they needed them gone?

I still want an Outback.

If there's one thing that boils my piss, it's Jaguar owners who refuse to refer to their transport as 'the car'.

It's when they go "I'll take the Jaaaaaaaaag........"

Grrrrrr
It’s part of the sales agreement.

It separates the wheat from the chav (not a spelling mistake).

And come home via the RAC
Once upon a time Skidders, once upon a time. There used to be a saying “if you want a Jag buy two, as one will always be in the garage”.

That went out the window when Ford’s PAG bought JLR and implemented their quality control standards in JLR, transforming the company (in quality terms, if not exactly in design terms. Some of the “Ford Jags” looked awful. When JLR was sold to TATA they improved the designs but retained the Ford TQM standards (which are probably the highest in the world).

If there's one thing that boils my piss, it's Jaguar owners who refuse to refer to their transport as 'the car'.

It's when they go "I'll take the Jaaaaaaaaag........"

Grrrrrr
It's one of the benefits of owning a Jag.

Take her for a drive in the Audi and set it alight. It’s win, win.
you mean 'watch it mysteriously spontaneously ignite from a distance that unfortunately prevented you from arriving in time'

When did AUDI drivers turn into knobbers and take the road knobbers crown from the BMW types.

They used to be eminently sensible cars driven by dentists (eg my tooth Basher), solicitors (mine) accountants and other respectable pillars of the community.

I was looking at estate cars back in 1999 (wife, kids, antiques, holidays in Provence etc). I wanted lots of room and a bit of speed. I had a look at AUDI (they had a showroom in Camberley). There was nothing really desirable in their range. I wanted a bit of oomph but all the estates were respectably dull inside, dull outside and slow.

So I bought a Volvo T5 (which I traded down to a 2.4T after eighteen months!).

I will probably die having never driven an AUDI. My life will not have been less fulfilling for it.

I never really understood this fetish for Germanic wheels. I remember BMW, Mercedes and Auto Union from the early sixties in Lesser Germania and they were right junkers. Around the late seventies they seem to have morphed into “must have” cars.

The Auto Union DKW anyone?