Audi - The hate thread.

[QUOTE="Tedsson, post: 8582011, member: 102609"Krispy Kunts.
[/QUOTE]
Are you quite sure they are not a Fatherland version of Pringles?

TheIronDuke

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
Any car up my back passage I will find a safe place, slow down and wave it on. I guarantee on an A road doing 75 or a motorway doing 85, the Muppet will pass me then I am behind him / her / trans they will be doing 10mph less than when they were charging me. Some people see driving as a competition. I see it as a means to get to work.

Had a couple of Audis. Had a couple of Mercs which I liked. I will never buy another Audi due to the OPs 'Clowns' advert. I will never buy another Merc due to this horror.

One was as bad as the other. They both needed knicked. Tailgating to that extreme, even if the Audi was being a complete arsse, is bloody not on. Potential recipe for death by dangerous driving for both involved whatever the provocations. All the van had to do was drop speed, get some distance...even pull into hard shoulder for a minute. We do not see what led up to it though.
And the van passenger pipes up...."did you get his reg"? Really? To show to who exactly?
Pity all their mothers did'nt swallow or take it up the curry shute that night tbh.

Last edited:
I used to have to blat to and fro to Dublin some years back. Driving my MG ZR that kinda distance was a bit wearing (rock hard suspension setup), so I got myself a car with possibly the longest name ever: Audi A6 3.0 TDi Quattro S Line. Bastard quick, not that economical but a great cruiser. And EVERY time I was on the (Northern Ireland) M1, there was some c0ckhead 3 inches behind me in an A4 1.9 TDi. Every bloody time.

It’s the howling lack of self awareness that makes me smile.
Once you get past paying 5k for a focus or Astra most of us are aware that our motor adds to a first impression ( or even overall picture) of what sort of a person you are , even if you don’t mean to.
The best examples of this I know were the following. About 4 years ago we had as a guest on our shoot who was/ is a very big player in the event running world. He turned up in a newish BM 5 series M sport. But in a muted dark blue with stock alloys and not a M badge on it anywhere, not the dash , trim wheels nothing, also it had just two ( slightly bigger) pipes out the back not 4. He bought it new like that, as he said “ if I wanted to look like I walk around all day with my dick out i’d Have bought a Porsche, and if I wanted to look like a successful Manchester drug dealer I’d have bought an Audi RS 8.”
He liked how they drove but lost the image .
Secondly I used to have a client ( now sadly gone) who owned dairy’s in the Black Country. He had a Range Rover ( that his wife mostly drove) but when visiting farmer clients he used an immaculate 8 year old non metallic blue diesel fiesta. As he said it said “it’s not the car that matters it’s the man that gets out of it,” so no one met him with any prejudgements in their head .
As has been said above, so many tosser have gravitated to Audi, no sane normal person with an ounce of self awareness would be seen in one due to the halo effect they pick up.
Sergeants Mess meeting time, friday lunchtime in our case. The badgeman say's, "there will be a representative from XYZ Insurance service's along to talk about pension's after the meeting if anyone is interested".......... Just at that moment the bloke pulled into the car park which the meeting room windows looked out upon, Porsche 928.......badgeman continues with........."here he is now, and if any of you want to help him buy his Ferrari go see him". No one saw him.

I knew a former bleep insurance salesman in BAOR, he always drove a Golf GTI. Then the Quatro's came out. He bought the bestest most expensive version, all the bell's and whistles. As a salesman he was very successful, very. But, as soon as he started turning up at MQ's driving the quatro his monthly sales figures started to go down, after a couple of months he sold the quatro, got another Golf and the figures went back up again.

BiL has the BFO Bentley. Visiting clients he drives an old, but tidy, Volvo.

All Audis are equal, but some are more equal than others:
audi_quattro.jpg

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
We went through the bmw tossers phase quite some time ago. The recession hit and it gravitated down to Audi’s. Now we get tortured by people driving VWs (yes I know they are technically Audi’s). But for some strange reason if you see something badly or impatiently driven it’s usually an Audi.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I used to have to blat to and fro to Dublin some years back. Driving my MG ZR that kinda distance was a bit wearing (rock hard suspension setup), so I got myself a car with possibly the longest name ever: Audi A6 3.0 TDi Quattro S Line. Bastard quick, not that economical but a great cruiser. And EVERY time I was on the (Northern Ireland) M1, there was some c0ckhead 3 inches behind me in an A4 1.9 TDi. Every bloody time.
I didn’t realise the A4 was that quick:)

....My name is Ian525 and .....I.......have ......an ................... Audi
10 year old grey Audi A6 Le Mans V6 2.7TDi estate (Avant in Audi speak). It's my wife's old car. She now has a four year old black Audi Q3. We've had a series of Audis (A2 with sunroof which I should have kept, A3, A4 and a few A6 estates) which have all been solid workhorses which is what we need. The Q3 bobbles along. The A6 is an Audi special edition, it's lowered, 19inch wheels automatic (flappy paddles) and scarily quick still gives 40 to the gallon. It's tidy and looks OK but clients seem to appreciate it's a workhorse and it's not new. As previous posts, turn up in a smart all bells car and you piss people pff. Turn up in a base ford or old scratched car an they assume you're crap at your job. It's a thin line. We've both got high mileage jobs and over the years between us we've gone through a range of manufacturers - Renault, SAAB, Volvo, BMW, VW, MINI, Land Rover, Kia, Ford, Skoda, Honda. Cars now seem to be much of a muchness and every time we change we look at what we can - we even toyed with SSang Yong but the Audis are comfy, safe, practical and reliable. (unlike the Renault, SAAB, Volvo, BMW, VW, MINI, Land Rover, Kia, Ford, Skoda) - the Honda was great but the current designs don't appeal

In mitigation M'Lud, we have a 16 year old VW T4 camper and a 24 year old MK1 MX5 if we need to go out in public

Last edited: