Audi Porsche RS2

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by hope2421, May 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Seriously mate, you can't be serious!?!

£15,000?!?!?!

2. She's a sweet rig mate. :roll:

3. Precisely, when you can have my 200,000 mile 1989 Austin Metro 1.1L, with optional beige velour, for just £14,500

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well, the point is, what is a 'proper' RS6 going to cost (the estate version) when it has that mileage on the clock? I reckon it'll be around that or less.

A sweet rig she may be, but, and I LOVE Audi cars, I'm looking at that car and thinking 'looks a bit boring, it's a horrible colour, it's not that fast from the factory, it's not built from the ground up to go that fast etc etc etc' and it's an awful lot of wedge.

Me dad spent £80,000 turning a perfectly harmless (secondhand) Jaguar XJS into a 7ltr Lister monster with 604bhp to play with. As nice as the stats and engine sounded, and as nicely as it drove, it was still a butchered Jag at heart, and still couldn't go round/accelerate around corners quickly.

Am I being picky? Yup, I haven't got 15k to spend on a butchered estate car.

Edited to add:

Sorry buddy - but on Pistonheads (great site), there's two or three RS6 cars with approx 50k mileage going for the same price.

I rest my case.

Or you can have this:

[​IMG]

for £17,900!!!!!!

5. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Not half as optimistic as this geezer and his tarted up B7 RS4, not a special edition as he claims. Has been on sale for about a year now and was originally listed at £54995 and it's still about £20k overpriced!

http://www.petrolheads.co.uk/sales/632011.htm

Has provoked great humour on RS246.com.

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

OK, I take some of it back - it sure sounds interesting in a 'I've got a pimped up Triumph Stag' sort of way.

You've got a nice motor.

It's alright if I want a collector's car, but if it's the proper performance for my money I want, then I'll simply buy what the 80 RS2 was a test-bed for - the RS4, RS6 and RS8. All for the same money, but a lot newer, a lot faster and a lot better.

I'm pretty sure that this car can only increase in value if wrapped up in greased paper and put in a garage for 30 years, but it is just a collector's car.

Thanks for the heads up though.

7. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

8. i've got a mate, who has one of them, and they all bloody brillaint cars, and go like shit off a stick...

not many in the UK either i here...

9. Hya mate, nice motor worth the asking price if i had a spare 15k i'd have it off ya i think some of the people on here dont know what their looking at lol!!