Audi A6 Avant S Line question

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by iPadPlodding, Nov 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm looking at buying a year old Audi A6 2 litre Avant S line with about 3000 miles on the clock.

Anyone own one and what's your thoughts?? What kind of MPG are you getting and are they worth the dosh?

Cheers

2. So, do you already drive like a **** and need a car to match? Or are you wanting to drive like a **** and wanting to get a car that will achieve this goal?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

I had an A3 S-line once and man, that suspension set-up is solid. That was the main reason I was glad to see it go, have you driven the A6 yet?

4. Dinger,

Dinegrr, did your abuser arrive in an A6 every weekend to take you for your special trips?? !!! Haha I'm under the impression you don't appreciate the finer points of the Audi.

5. Yeah drove it a week ago. The A6 has the air suspension and (I'm told) drives much softer. What's the fuel consumption on them like any idea?. I've done the tinternet search but it's better to ask an Audi owner I'm sure.

6. Seconded. I like the car - just not the 'sport' (read spine cracking) ride. So I bought a Subaru Forester instead (much better!)

7. Half of Birmingham was blocked off until approx 1100 today following an early morning smash because one of our local heroes decided to show everybody what a terrific driver he is.

When I finally got into work I said "I bet it was a ******* Audi".

It was of course because it always is.

Incidentally, are Audi's fitted with indicators because I'm fucked if I have ever seen one use them?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Not at all, I'll just latch onto anything to take the piss.

My car's a peddle car, it's a bit shit I can't seem to get anywhere in it!

• Like Like x 7
  9. Petrol or heavy oil? Got an A4 Avant S Line 2 litre diesel, will quite comfortably do 600 on a tank with a mix of driving, quite a bit more with steady motorway/A road. Best car I've ever had. Does get thirsty on short trips though.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Good job you weren't a 'Flintstone' either.

11. Had a 2 ltr A6 Diesel, 30,000 miles in 6 months, Manchester to Paris and back on a tank regularly. Took the sump guard off on the Eniskillen speed bumps which in the Volvo I had before could take at the same speed no problems.

Depreciated like a Ford. ******* top car though and no it didn't need indicators. Was just getting nicely run in when I got rid at 30,000.

• Like Like x 1
  12. All of the S Line suspensions are pretty rigid. I loved my A3 S Line but it was a bit of a bone shaker.

I now have the A6 Avant diesel and if driven carefully the range is very impressive, if 'enjoyed' its obviously less so. Very comfortable car but big. Important extras include heated seats, folding mirrors and retina-burning HID lights to help people get out of the ******* way or allow me to illuminate their car because they are too idle and stupid to.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I have a Audi A6 Le Mans with the slightly meaty 2.7 Engine, and as brockle says if you are sensible you will get about 36 to 38mpg. I believe it to be one of the best cars on the market, I've also tested the new All Road and the new A6 and both of them are great cars and if I could fiscally push it would go for one in a heartbeat. My only slight issue is that despite looking huge on the inside I can just get enough kit in it for a weekend away with the Missus and the sproglets.

14. That actually made me laugh out loud.

15. As opposed to whimpering in the corner like most Audi owners when abused!!

• Like Like x 1