AUCTION - Sandy Times - Op TELIC

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Legs, Aug 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In aid of Hols4Heros. 'Sandy Times' Number 26 - 31 in perfect condition.

Sandy Times was the British Forces news magazine that began life during Op GRANBY. Edition 26 dated 12 March 2003 is the first edition of Op TELIC, and edition 31 dated 16 April 2003 was the last edition of the 'War Fighting' phase of Op TELIC 1.

Of particular interest to those who were there at the time and collectors, These are up for auction. The Auction will end at 1900hrs on 31 Aug 2009.

[​IMG]

2. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

3. £35, this is the first time I've seen these, who produced them?

4. These ones were produced by the UK PIC based at the Coalition Media Center at Camp As Sayliyah (CENTCOM HQ) in Qatar. They were distributed around the Middle East to British Troops serving on or in support of Op TELIC 1.

5. Ah the Sandy Times... my favorite publcation during Granby..Soft, Strong and thoroughly absorbent!

6. Ah.. not seen them before, or maybe just ignored them. £45.

7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Not likely, they were printed on shiny paper, more like John Wayne, don't take sh1t from anyone :D

8. And a friendly Wednesday ....

[​IMG]

9. It's Friday, this auction will run until 1900hrs on Monday.

[​IMG]

10. That looks like that scary Mo Fo that had a field all of its' own outside Wainwright Camp, Canada!!!

I remember the Sandy Times very well from OP GRANBY days, Nice One Legs! I think I threw mine out a few years ago...

11. Auction ends tomorrow evening. The highest bid is Spaz with £45. Folks, this is for Hols4Heros so get your bids in!

[​IMG]

12. [​IMG]

A Last bump. Auction Ends at 1900hrs UK time today. The last chance to get your hands on this set of historic publications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.