ATV's

I've taken the decision to have one built for me on a late Jimny by Shropshire Quads. It wont be cheap but it needs to last so I'll pay good money. The only question really id how to ensure this and does it register as an agricultural vehicle or as a road vehicle? It wont be doing mega on road mileage, 10 miles a day tops so limited mileage is a chance.
As I get the beasty built I'll update.
Presumably it is a petrol engine so registering it as an agricultural vehicle is moot since you can't run it on red diesel. Your road travel would also be restricted to within 1.2 km of your holding.

ugly

LE
Presumably it is a petrol engine so registering it as an agricultural vehicle is moot since you can't run it on red diesel. Your road travel would also be restricted to within 1.2 km of your holding.
It’s 5 miles away so road legal then, not found an insurer yet

Hexi Bloke

Old-Salt
20180326_163014_resized.jpg

This is a cheap and cheerful Quadzilla, (CFMOTO) 400 cc. Had this for three years no real problems, its EURO 4 Compliant, so road legal including carrying a passenger. 15000lb winch, electronic power steering. Yes its made in china but for under 5k brand new it does the job. However I don't use it as a workhorse for farming, mines just for shooting and general fun.

We have a ride-on Polaris, Sportsman 400. It was my father-in-law's, he passed in 2011, and it's basically sat in the storage since then. It's 15 years old, but looks pretty similar to the current models. New battery and carb and we're off to the races. The Ranger is similar underworks, but with dual (or quad) seats, steering wheel and a tipping bed. Would much prefer a UTV like the Ranger, but I can't sell this one. The carb cost only $40 off eBay, but was an absolute CVNT to change. Polaris mechanics must all have small, double-jointed arms!