Attorney-general Baroness Scotland demands a Jaguar

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Oct 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not prepared to slum it in a Prius. Pity Gordo only has 50 days to save the world and he must be SO glad to see she has her priorities right.

"THE attorney-general, Baroness Scotland, has sparked anger among colleagues by insisting on the use of a chauffeur-driven Jaguar — a privilege usually reserved for a handful of senior cabinet ministers.

A source close to Scotland said officials had approached Paul Jenkins, her permanent secretary, to express concern that she might be in breach of Whitehall rules with her choice of ministerial car.

One senior source said that as a minister outside the cabinet she was entitled only to a lesser vehicle, such as a Rover or Toyota Prius. Some officials expressed consternation that on taking up the job two years ago she rejected the use of a lesser car.

The Department for Transport said last week: “The current rules on car allocation are Jaguar XJ or Prius for members of the cabinet. For everyone else: any car with CO2 emissions less than 130g/km.”
  2. I would like to see her inside a Jaguar, the large spotted cat kind, she would be great as kitekat
  3. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Are you proposing she should wear kitty ears and tail be tied to a set of rickety staves with fabric backing and flown in the middle of a storm a la Benjamin Franklin????

Quick someone check the weather forecast that should be fun!! :twisted:
  4. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

But we are surprised that the Attorney General is above the law and therefore must be above the rules of Whitehall as well.

If this woman has a moral compass, then I won the lottery last saturday......let me check - oh, I didn't.
  5. I meant

6. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I'd like to see her wear bunny ears, a basque, stockings and high heels, and be tied to a bed. Loosely. And don't give a flying fig what car she gets. It won't be for long.
  7. Can not Crab Air comply and direct a Jaguar over her house fully loaded and drop the shit directly on top of her ( that's if we still have Jaguars)
  8. All sadly sold for scrap to pay for their new cars
  9. Bugger, can we not swap it for a Typhoon instead, she would never know.
  10. can't we just sack her ffs she could'nt even employ an illegal immigrant without getting caught :roll:
    ffs she's a lawyer there meant to be shifty lieing kunts just meant to be good enough not to get caught :twisted:
  11. I,d like to tow the Biatch around tied to my rear axle.
  12. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I can't stand her, but surely having to drive a Rover is cruelty in the extreme? :D
  13. I thought this creature from Hell had disqualified itself from any form of TAX-PAYER's munificence. Clearly not!
  14. Why does she not buy one then? --- I'm quite sure that she could afford a whole fleet of them with her personal wealth. People like this see it as a crime to spend their own money. I wish i could demand a jag, so would 90% of the Arrsers on this site.