ATTN MOD - Get a Grip lads and make the SA80 left handed

#1
I think it's time we realised that the w4nk guns that they give the soldiers in Britain need changing. There are many reasons for this but the most glaring one that is a problem for some people is how the SA80 can't be fired left handed (or left eyed). As such people who can see better out of their left eyes or are left handed are suffering.

I wonder if there was a way we could make the guns able to fire both ways? Anybody who has played Gears of War on the Xbox360 will know that the soldiers on there continually switch hands with their guns depending on which corner they are shooting round.

It makes sense to make rifles that can be fired left handed aswell.

EDIT - I can't believe that swearing is censored on an army forum. Forking classic. lol.
 
#3
Chimpy said:
I wonder if there was a way we could make the guns able to fire both ways? Anybody who has played Gears of War on the Xbox360 will know that the soldiers on there continually switch hands with their guns depending on which corner they are shooting round.
Wah! :D
 
#6
Chimpy said:
I think it's time we realised that the w4nk guns that they give the soldiers in Britain need changing. There are maniy reasons for this but the most glaring one that is a problem for some people is how the SA80 is completely unacomading for left handed (or left eyed) people. As such people who can see better out of their left eyes or are left handed are suffering.

I wonder if there was a way we could make the guns anl e to fire both ways. Anybody who has played Gears of War on the Xbox360 will know that the soldiers on there continually switch hands withe their guns depending on which corner they are shooting round.
First, oh dear (my bold).

Second, you'll find that there is pretty solid support for the A2 within the Infantry. The weapon system has been tested under the most arduous, and life-threatening, conditions and has not been found wanting.

Third, you have arrived recently and have already told us that you are thinking of joining. A bit of friendly advice would be to read some of the already numerous threads in this hallowed forum of the Army's finest warriors (ahem) before typing what appears ill-informed (because I sense you have no better info base than a made-up computer game) content.

Please don't think this a rifting, it may just save you from some of those more likely to be somewhat more robust in their criticism!

Regards

DM
 
#8
dogmonkey said:
Chimpy said:
I think it's time we realised that the w4nk guns that they give the soldiers in Britain need changing. There are maniy reasons for this but the most glaring one that is a problem for some people is how the SA80 is completely unacomading for left handed (or left eyed) people. As such people who can see better out of their left eyes or are left handed are suffering.

I wonder if there was a way we could make the guns anl e to fire both ways. Anybody who has played Gears of War on the Xbox360 will know that the soldiers on there continually switch hands withe their guns depending on which corner they are shooting round.
First, oh dear (my bold).

Second, you'll find that there is pretty solid support for the A2 within the Infantry which has been tested under the most arduous, and life-threatening, conditions and has not been found wanting.

Third, you have arrived recently, already told us that you are thinking of joining. A bit of friendly advice would be to read some of the already numerous threads in this hallowed hall of the Army's finest (ahem) before typing what immediately appears ill-informed (because I sense you have no better info base than a made-up computer game) content.
And that's the nice way of saying wind your neck in and stop being a trolling mong you cnut!
 
#9
reading your earlier posts, i realise that your concern is with your right eye. im left handed, a few months down the line i got dicked for the shooting team. there are a few reasons as to why a left handed SA80 A2 would be impractical:
- costs of producing left handed A2s
- one person in every section carries spare parts for the rifles, they would have to take an extra set of spares for the lefites in the section
- if you were to get killed and one of yuor colleagues weapons broke, and he needed to use parts from yours, some of the parts would be opposite

sorry if the spellings mong. had a few jars
 
#11
Chimpy said:
I see what you are saying El Burno. But the American seem to manage it with the M16.
We are not septic's! You will learn, to shoot right handed, end of story!
Suggest you read 'Dogmonkey' post again
 
#12
Chimpy said:
I see what you are saying El Burno. But the American seem to manage it with the M16.
Do you play airsoft by any chance?

Wind your neck in.
 
#13
Think about it though. If you are in operations in Vietnam or wherever and you are behind some cover and need to shoot round a corner to your left. If you have a man in your section who is left handed he can position himself better round the left corner of a building or some cover and shoot without exposing as much of his body. If the lefties fired round the left corners and the righties fired round the right corners you would be a devasting force of sheer firepower.
 
#15
Chimpy said:
You can see what I mean by looking at this picture:

You are a knob aren't you? Go get a life
 
#18
Dear Uncle Jim,

Will you please fix it for me for this numptey to be dragged out of his own little universe and dragged kicking and screaming into the real world.

Thanks

S_R

p.s. arrrrgggghhhhh why are these people allowed to live let alone breed....
 
#19
Chimpy said:
Think about it though. If you are in operations in Vietnam or wherever and you are behind some cover and need to shoot round a corner to your left. If you have a man in your section who is left handed he can position himself better round the left corner of a building or some cover and shoot without exposing as much of his body. If the lefties fired round the left corners and the righties fired round the right corners you would be a devasting force of sheer firepower.
wahhhhhhhhhh. now youll be writing threads about how every section should have an LSW gunner, rad op and left handed rifleman. by that post you are assuming that there are lefties in every section. im sorry but if the worst comes to the worst, then i think in order to slot a load of enemy from a left corner, someone will risk getting whacked in the cheek by a cocking handle. may be you should join the U.S Army if you use "devastating force of sheer firepower" hoooo hahhhh :roll:
 
#20
Shooting round the left hand side of cover and having an ambidextrous rifle is important and worth discussing. Trying to tell soldiers what's what based on playing some kind of computer game indicates that you are a moron of the first order.
Would I be right in thinking that the only weapon you've ever fired is the one you got your girlfriend up the duff with?
 

Latest Threads

Top