Attesting now, when will pay start?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by EX_STAB, Sep 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I should be attested tomorrow and will be doing a ten day course starting in a couple of weeks.

When might I expect to get paid for it? I recall hearing of people not getting paid for months after they have joined.

Things are a bit tight at the moment so a week's pay will come in handy.

2. But you didn't join the TA for the money did you? It's a vocation, you want to do your bit, etc etc etc............

3. Don't rely on the money, treat it as pocket money when it eventually arrives.

4. Yeah good luck with that one, I attested in June still haven't received a penny. But then again, I don't really care about the money because its not why I joined.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Looks like Bravo_Bravo just smashed his head on the keyboard!

6. From what I've heard it normally takes 1-2 months to sort all the finer details out for the money to go directly into your bank, for some reason and the paper trail involved it isn't a straight forward procedure so expect not to have the cash in your account when pay day is due. However, if you speak to your pay clerk and explain your situation they will give you a cheque, especially as your away for a course as you'll need some cash for the down time. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Good luck on your course

7. No, it's clearly not a vocation you muppet. Regular service is a vocation. Go and look up the meaning of the word "vocation" :roll:

Anyway, I'm not relying on TA pay to live on, it wouldn't be anything like enough. It's still money though so can anybody answer the original question?

In fact come to think of it, It's cost me something well in excess of £200 in travel costs to even get to this stage so don't start taking the piss.

8. Thank you.

9. Calm down precious, you're starting to sound like old_colt.

By the way, when some of the more vocal STABs stop referring to their hobby as a 'vocation' I'll stop taking the piss.

10. 5A its not "more vocal", its "dimmer"

11. Well take the piss out of them not me then :)

12. I personally would pay all you whinging war dodgers in broken biscuits and returnable Ben Shaws bottles, I would however throw in the odd shiny gold penny as an incentive to return

13. Trying to get someone to bite I see! 8O

14. How dull....