Attestation

Swore my Oath Of Allegiance today.

A much prouder moment than I thought it would be.

Also, only one step closer to starting phase 1. :D

mr.russell said:
Swore my Oath Of Allegiance today.

A much prouder moment than I thought it would be.

Also, only one step closer to starting phase 1. :D
HI there. Well done on doing your oath. Can you tell me what you do & roughly what is said? My son does hin in 2 weeks. :D

somersetlady said:
HI there. Well done on doing your oath. Can you tell me what you do & roughly what is said? My son does hin in 2 weeks. :D
You can go along if you like, especially since you seem more curious than the monkeys at a safari park.

And yes other parents will be there aswell before you ask. :p

Edit: oh yeah, make sure your lad knows his army number btw

somersetlady said:
To avoid him looking stupid make sure that he can read and knows "heirs" is pronounced "airs" and not "hairs."

somersetlady said:
I swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, her heirs and successors and that I will as in duty bound honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, her heirs and successors in person, crown and dignity against all enemies and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, her heirs and successors and of the generals and officers set over me.

sparky29 said:
somersetlady said:
To avoid him looking stupid make sure that he can read and knows "heirs" is pronounced "airs" and not "hairs."
Might be a bit late for that!

But I am certain that Somersetlady will rise to the occasion... new hat and new frock, Mum?!

Litotes :D

sparky29 said:
somersetlady said:
Lol...Good one. I bet some poor lads or lasses do make that mistake. :D

Ondy said:
somersetlady said:
You can go along if you like, especially since you seem more curious than the monkeys at a safari park.

And yes other parents will be there aswell before you ask. :p

Edit: oh yeah, make sure your lad knows his army number btw
My bold.
I do know my number of course. But there was no mention of it on the day.
We did have a group of marketeers watching us though, so maybe it was done a bit differently.

You do it again at Phase 1 anyway, as for some reason not everyone does it before arriving (here at Pirbright anyway).

Normally, we read it out line by line and the Recruits repeat after us, some even remember to put their own name (i.e. John Smith) in the right spot rather than repeating "your name"...

django_strikes said:
You do it again at Phase 1 anyway, as for some reason not everyone does it before arriving (here at Pirbright anyway).

Normally, we read it out line by line and the Recruits repeat after us, some even remember to put their own name (i.e. John Smith) in the right spot rather than repeating "your name"...
I'm guessing you're an instructor at Pirbright then?

I cannot wait to start there now.

It's good to hear you're attestation went well, Russell. Did you have to do it in front of an audience?

I have my attestation this Tuesday at the City Hall, so it's going to be interesting.

From what these guys have said, it's nothing to worry about.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you down at Pirbright ;)

i have mine on 1st september and start harrogate 7th
cant wait either :D
my pocket money at the moment is £10 a week....in the army £250 :)
living it large like woahhhhh

and you mate, good luck at harrogate

it would be so wierd if any of us was in the same company, platoon, and section at harrogate out of 800 applicants :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
grumpy1 Army Pay, Claims & JPA 3
Cymru_am_Byth Army Reserve 11
N Army Reserve 5