ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ALL PERSONNEL - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Rocketeer, Apr 24, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [ fade up '40's radio hissing...whine of tuners finding signal...]

Voice of Rocketeer: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN..I PRESENT TO YOU GENERAL CONSTERNATION, VD,STD, INCOMING COMMANDANT, SUPREME ALLIED HEADQUARTERS, GIJARGON.NET...

Genral Consternation: [ whispers. ' this thing on ? ' ] AHEM...TO ALL OFFICERS AND OTHER RANKS..I AM HONOURED TO STAND BEFORE SUCH A FINE BODY OF MEN AND WOMEN ON THE OCCASION OF A BRAVE NEW UNDERTAKING...

BUT, BEFORE I CUT THE CEREMONIAL RIBBON AND INVITE OUR DISTINGUISHED GUEST TO THROW OUT THE FIRST GRENADE, I WOULD BE REMISS IN MY DUTIES IF I DID NOT TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO OFFER THE HEARTFELT THANKS OF ALL GIJARGON PERSONNEL TO OUR JARGON WARS COALITION PARTNERS AND ALLIES, ARRSE CO.UK..
    NOT ONLY DID THEY PROVIDE, WITH OPEN ARMS, A HAVEN FOR REST AND RECUPERATION IN THE AFTERMATH OF OUR CONFLICT, THEY WERE VITAL IN PROVIDING US WITH LOGISTICAL AND TACTICAL EXPERTISE AND FACILITIES FROM WHICH TO LAUNCH OUR ULTIMATELY SUCCESSFUL COUNTER OFFENSIVE.

REST ASSURED, DEAR ALLIES, THAT NOT ONE OF YOU SHALL EVER WANT FOR DRINK WHEN YOU VISIT OUR NEW BASE - ALL YOU NEED DO IS SHOW YOUR ARRSE [ is that right? I can't ..oh ] SHOW YOUR ARRSE AFFILIATION AND THE SLATE WILL BE WIPED CLEAN, AS THEY SAY.

TODAY, I AM DELIGHTED TO SEE THAT SO MANY JARGON VETERANS ARE PRESENT , BUT SADDENED THAT NOT EVERYONE ESCAPED UNSCATHED - WE HAVE THE SAD TASK OF LISTING MORE THAN A FEW AS M.I.A. - REST ASSURED THAT THE SEARCH CONTINUES FOR OUR LOST COMPANIONS.

I WOULD ASK, AT THIS TIME, FOR A WEB NANOSECOND OF SILENCE FOR THOSE JARGONITES WHOSE NAMES ARE NOT KNOWN TO US, THE LURKERS AND OTHERS WHO ENJOYED OUR COMPANY BUT CHOSE TO REMAIN SILENT..MAY THEY FIND US AGAIN...

MUCH HAS BEEN SAID COMPARING THE RECENT UNPLEASANTNESS TO THE MYTHOLOGICAL BIRD, THE PHOENIX. FROM THE ASHES OF GIJARGON.COM A NEW AND EXCITING PROSPECT, GIJARGON.NET, HAS EMERGED.

WITH THAT IMAGE IN OUR MINDS, THE POWERS THAT BE HAVE ALLOWED ME TO ANNOUNCE THAT ALL WHO PARTICIPATED IN THE ' JARGON BATTLE OF THE LONG KNIVES ', HAVE BEEN INDUCTED INTO A NEW MERITORIOUS ORDER.. THE FRATERNAL ORDER OF THE PHOENIX...
    ALL ARE GRANTED THE RIGHT TO PLACE THE LETTERS " F.O.P. " AFTER THEIR NAMES..

THERE IS ONE INDIVIDUAL WHO DESERVES SPECIAL HONOUR. HIS EFFORTS WERE ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY. HIS BRAVERY IN EXPOSING HIMSELF TO ENEMY FIRE ALLOWED COMMAND TO LAUNCH A SUCCESSFUL COUNTER ATTACK THUS SAVING COUNTLESS LIVES.

WE ALL SALUTE DocD!! TO HIM GOES THE TITLE OF " COMMANDER OF THE ON-LINE TORMENTORS '" ..FROM THIS DAY FORWARD HE SHALL BE KNOWN AS A COOT. TO HIM GOES THE HONOUR OF THROWING THE CEREMONIAL GRENADE TO OFFICIALLY OPEN OUR NEW BASE.

FINALLY, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WHILE THE NEW FACILITY IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND SOME AREAS REMAIN OFF LIMITS WE CAN ACCOMODATE EVERYONE..

WHETHER YOU ARE ASSIGNED TO BARRACKS, PMQ'S, JUNIOR OFFICER APARTMENTS OR JUST A DARK CORNER FOR OUR FAVOURITE LURKERS TO PUT UP A HOOTCH OR TOSS A BIVVIE BAG..ALL WILL BE WELCOMED.

IN ORDER NOT TO SWAMP THE INTAKE OFFICE OR OVERWHELM SECURITY, CORPORAL PUNISHMENT, HEAD OF THE MP SQUAD, HAS ASKED THAT ALL RECRUITS, ENLISTEES OR RETURNING PERSONNEL LOG ON TO THE NEW GIJARGON.NET .BEGINNING MONDAY, APRIL 26, 2004 STARTING AT NOON YOUR LOCATION [ LOCAL TIME

THIS WILL , WE HOPE, STAGGER THE INTAKE PROCESS AND NOT CAUSE A SYSTEM CRASH THE FIRST DAY.

I THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION AND PATIENCE.. I LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU ALL AT OUR NEW BASE OF OPERATIONS.. THE SUPREME ALLIED HEADQUARTERS, GIJARGON.NET....

DocD, PLEASE DO THE HONOURS....[ fade to combined bands of the armed forces playing ' Land of Hope and Glory' ]...

Voice of Rocketeer: THANK YOU, GENERAL...

[ end of message ]

2. Thank you so much for your help us put up a site ASAP. Very well wrote.
    You might not have gotten the email from Admin. THE DOORS ARE OPEN.
    They can now sign up anytime. Long ways to go. They can post just in one topic right now. The bar is now open right now. We will work all night if that what it takes Rocket. Your the MAN to get the troops together!!
    When one door closed another will open.
    Gene

3. Sorry but the bar is NOT open right now :D

4. Ladies and Gentlemen, I am both Humbled and Honored by these awards. If I might quote from President Lincoln's Gettysburg Address dated November 19, 1863; "...The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here... ."

I would like to thank our British Brothers for their kindness and support for the walking wounded who survived the melt down of our once beloved G.I. Jargon.Com. I trust we will always be a Band of Brothers. One for all and all for one.

Now about my being honored as the "COOT", the first one of you who referrs to me, as that Old Coot, wil have to face Bean, in the nude, for a battle with wet noodles at Sunrise.

The pin has been pulled, the garnade has been thrown and the crowd goes wild as it explodes on top of a picture of LNV.

Thank you one and all, the drinks are on MDN for inviting us to join you here at ARRSE.

DocD, COOT, FOP

5. THanks for all the hard work to get our new GIJARGON going. I think it means alot to many people. :D

6. This is cool. No, it's cooler than cool. It's great, no! it's greater than great. It's stupendous!

Feel like I'm returning to an old duty station that I haven't been back to in many years..

Thanks guys.... :D REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!!!!!!!

7. Site is up. I'd like to invite all former members and Arrse members to take a look. You will find it resembles Arrse more then a little. I like to think that imitation is the highest form of flattery. As Arrse is one of the better military sites on the web, how could they not model the new Jargon off of it.

8. Excellent, thanks to all. A new place to call home!

#Steely#

9. COOT :D How much can you see on a nude midget 8O

10. THis is outstanding Rocket! On my way.

11. On the way over.....geeze my arms are getting sore from swimming.

OK, boys, launch off the 21 para-flare salute! (Budget cutbacks, don't ya know!).

12. Outstanding! Now that I've registered, I'm afraid I'll be TDY effective immediately in order to prepare for finals. Should have the last one cranked out by noon on Wed.

Later,
    Blackjack

13. Thank you Rocketeer and B2TB. It will feel good to be back home. :D

14. Does this mean ctauch and Corporal can feck off, off arrse and not peddle their gay botty filth on this site any more? I hope so as they are both a pair of pillow biting butt munchers. :lol:

15. We can gain some dosh for ARRSE by selling their backsides to GI