Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attending the Sovereign’s Parade

Hi there, my bother will be commissioning in December of this year and I am hoping to be starting the commissioning course in September of this year. Will I have the opportunity to see my brother commission or will that not be allowed? Thanks for the help

As a Junior you would normally be on the Parade.
But during COVID you spend that day as a Regimental Visit so you may not be at RMAS.

It will depend a lot on what is happening at the time!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Erinon

Old-Salt
Hi there, my bother will be commissioning in December of this year and I am hoping to be starting the commissioning course in September of this year. Will I have the opportunity to see my brother commission or will that not be allowed? Thanks for the help
err.. wont you be on parade with him in one of the junior divisions? or doesn't that happen any more?

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Wait until you start. Once the initial few weeks have blurred by, have a chat with your Platoon CSgt.

QRK2

LE

As commentator said a lot will change in 12 months. Doesn't directly answer your question, but last month's pass out were allowed two external guests unless they were overseas cadets who had rather more. Some some get more guests in with a bit of initiative.

Last edited:

Erinon

Old-Salt
As commentator said a lot will change in 12 months. Doesn't directly answer your question, but last month's pass out were allowed two external guests unless they were overseas cadets who had rather more. Some some get more guests in with a bit of initiative.

Harumpf! The Sovereigns parade was better in my day!

Erinon

Old-Salt
Now, if you want to see some really cracking drill (with that rifle) from RMAS just before J C Lord left, have a look at this (featuring me in a small walk-on role)

Indeed, rifle drill looks so much smarter than ranks of swords waving all over the place.

Also I cant get over how small the squads are now, chaos corner isn't really living up to its name any more.

QRK2

LE
Now, if you want to see some really cracking drill (with that rifle) from RMAS just before J C Lord left, have a look at this (featuring me in a small walk-on role)
I'm intrigued by Mr Lord's badge of rank. It looks smaller than today's Foot Guard's Sergeant Major's badge and appears to have a wreath under the coat of arms.

Latest Threads