Attenborough on Africa

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by billybongo, Dec 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What promises to be another outstanding series, which I am looking fwd to losing myself in for an hour a week every Wed for the next six weeks:
    BBC One - Africa
  2. Good spread in The Sunday Times, apt comment on the iphone + AK carried by local tribesmen.
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Great footage but having spent some time with a former BBC wildlife camera man the amouny of un connected footage stitching to make up stories for the disneyfied viewers is appalling!
  4. Yeah I've gone off him since the polar bear fiasco. I just can't trust the son of a bitch any more.

He's like the Bear Grylls of nature programmes.
  5. Ah well - we can't all be experts. His MOI is good enough for me and tells me enough to keep me fascinated every time he opens his gob. And his cameramen may well stitch things together - but they do it far more professionally and grippingly than almost any other team in the same genre. In all - good enough for me.
  6. you are Sir David Attenborough and I claim my five pounds!
  7. You're an oberscheistermesister in the SIB and I claim my fiver back. :)
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

TBH Attenborough isnt too bad but when the rest of them present stitched together shit from different seasons as part of a single days diary then it gets tedious.
  9. I give it 100 points on account of the fact it had giraffes headbutting each other
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Watching a giraffe fight where one goes down like Rocky and is out for 3 mins is probably going to be the highlight of the series.
    • Like Like x 1