Attempting to contact SPVA or WPA

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Pension Scheme' started by nigeats, Oct 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have come across this problem over the years and it is obviously very frustrating to state the least. I thought it incredulous that day after day the lines were constantly busy and then I was cut off as the above member has also picked up on.

So, I thought, what if I was overseas. There is a specific telephone number for their use. So I dialed the overseas number and guess what...? I got through to the switchboard at SPVA or WPA straight away with no hassles, issues or problems. I spoke to someone about my pension query and when I had finished I mentioned to that person that there appears to be a problem with their telephone lines in that they were always busy and the line then got cut off after hearing the pre recorded message. I then mentioned that I had tried and succeeded in getting through by dialing the overseas number. The person to whom I was speaking to said that she would investigate this problem.

I thanked her and a couple of weeks later telephoned the UK number and lo and behold got through to the switchboard straight away with no message that they were busy and spoke to someone.

Brilliant...!