Attempted scam

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Porridge_gun, Jan 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Last night I got a call from an Arrser telling me that a fellow site member had emailed them, saying they had been mugged in Madrid and had passport etc .

I've been stuck on the telephone all morning so with my free hand, instead of masturbating I opted to play with our scammer and waste his time.

Following is the series of correspondance between the two of us.

Silence for a while............ then

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 49
  2. I knew I'd heard the name before:

3. He's aiming a bit low, isn't he? I mean, €1,590... can't get any decent crooks nowadays. Well spotted (both of you)

4. Makes my blood boil. Good job Mr Malteserhead

5. .
    I used to serve with a Michael Ruston in the Engineers. Pure coincidence I'm sure ... mind you, he was a Planty.

6. So did the poor guy get his money or not? People need to know.

7. Nasty PG didn't send any, so I did as I'm an all-round nicer guy.

I really felt sorry for his predicament - it could happen to any of us, just think about that

MB

8. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Just to clarify, the real chap had his account hacked (phished) or whatever you want to call it.

The actual Michael Rushton (brother of Willie) isn't attempting to have us over.

9. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

well done ole bean , not only have you gripped the shit of a conman but yew have made oi larff as well. keep up the good work.

10. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I got one of these a couple of weeks back.
    Email was sent from a guy's whole address book.
    Tell tale on this one, bloke is a school teacher & it was termtime!
    Had to change his email address though, pain in the arrse.

11. I need £2000 to establish a charitable foundation for Black disabled lesbians Jews.
    Could you help me to get started?

12. Of course mate, just send me all your bank details, address, date of birth, any password on the account and any other information you think may be useful to me, and I will send you £2000 (TWO THOUSAND POUNDS) most urgently.

MB

• Like Like x 1
  13. I sold a phone one ebay once, some cnut From Nigeria bought it and tried to fleece me... i posted a block of wood with sodd off N***** written on it.

• Like Like x 5
  14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Quality. That has quite brightened my day.

For the terminally gullible, these attacks ("Hi (your real name). I'm stuck in (usually Spain) etc" just like in the OP seem to happen when your Facebook account or Hotmail or Yahoo email gets hacked. When I got one on FB from a bird I know I nearly shit. Till I realised she was in the USA not Spain.