• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Attatchments

Can anyone explain why on some posts when posting a reply I have an option to add an attatchment and on others there is not an option available.

Certain forums have the necessary permissions to allow files to be attached - others don't.

If you would like to know which forums permit attachments, scroll to the bottom of any thread in that forum. You will see a list which states the rules of the forum. For example, in this forum:

bottom right of this page said:
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
Ghost

u_didnt_c_me_i_wasnt_ther said:
can anyone tell me how to add the emoticons to bottom of every post, like ghosts bart character
The GIF file is hosted on a server. The link to the picture is included within
tags within the signature options, which is configured in your account

If you follow these steps, you too can have an amusing signature block.

1. Find an amusing animated image (GIF file)
2. If the image is already on the internet, find out the exact file address - usually, right-clicking an image and choosing Properties gives you the filename and url (In my case, http://www.ghost-rider.filmstars.co.uk/bmoon.gif)
3. If the file is not already on the internet, you will need to upload it to an image host - try www.photobucket.com
4. Click on your account
5. In your Profile information, paste the url of the image into the Signature block. Don't forget to add
tags around the url.
6. Enjoy!

Ghost

Ghost_Rider said:
Certain forums have the necessary permissions to allow files to be attached - others don't.

If you would like to know which forums permit attachments, scroll to the bottom of any thread in that forum. You will see a list which states the rules of the forum. For example, in this forum:

bottom right of this page said:
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
Ghost
Thanks Ghost ....Like anythng simple when you know how.

u_didnt_c_me_i_wasnt_ther said:
cheers ghostie old chap, got there in the end,abit of a nause to a computer idiot like me
cheers again mucka
No problem. Glad to be of service :D:D

at_ease said:
Thanks Ghost ....Like anythng simple when you know how.
Easy, innit! Most people won't get that far down a page - but it helps if you know it's there :mrgreen:

Ghostie

Latest Threads