Attacked While Talking To Squaddies

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by englandtilidie, Jul 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saturday afternoon met up with a pal for a pint at Wetherspoons in the town centre. The town i live in is quite used to seeing squaddies out and about at a weekend, no problem with that at all.

There were 4 squaddies stood next to us in the bar and they asked us if we were local and if we could tell them which pubs let squaddies in. I told them which bars would probably let them in but not to use their army id as they would get refused at some places. We then got talking at length as i told them im waiting for my start date for catterick, which is where they were from, and my mate that was with me is ex-army.

After about 30 minutes of talking with these lads we were attacked by a group of local lads, about 8-10 of them. I didint even see them come towards us. We were punched, kicked, bottled, had chairs and tables thrown at us, the lot! Nobody in the pub did anything, the bar staff ran away, we tried to fight back but we were outnumbered and took a fair few whacks. Eventually the police turned up and we all got banged up. After a few hours in the cells and a few interviews me, my pal and the squaddies were released. We were told we could press charges as the cctv showed we were attacked. We were all battered and bruised, black eyes, bust noses and lips etc,etc. Apart from my mate, he has a 4 inch slash down his face from a broken bottle and 3 stab wounds in his chest and half an ear missing.

There was no motive for this at all, as a group the 6 of us had done nothing but talk amongst ourselves. If thats what people are like i cant wait to get in the army and fcuk off away from this town and the scum that habitate it.

2. Name the pub.

3. Which town?

4. AIUI this would count as Riot which can have severe repercussions if found guilty.

5. Hope you did press charges

6. So your mate was locked up with a slashed face and stab wounds? Mmmmmm Ok.

7. Your friend has three stab wounds, a four inch scar and half of his ear missing? Did the police really keep him in the cells for 'a couple of hours', rather than sending him to hospital?

8. It was at tanners in darlington, me and my pal are pressing charges, i dont know about the squaddies though, they had to wait at the police station.

9. No he went to hospital straight away, the wounds to his chest weren't deep and they put dressing on his face and ear and he was brought back to the station to be interviewed.

10. If thats what people are like i cant wait to get in the army and fcuk off away from this town and the scum that habitate it.[/quote]You beter hope you don't get posted to Catterick then.

11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

So, there were 6 of you, and 8-10 of them . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . and you lost?

12. I'm surprised that something like this was not picked up by the media seeing as they are all over anything to do with soldiers at the moment.

As was previously mentioned: 1. What Town? 2. What Pub?

I doubt that your friend would have been locked up by the police with injuries as serious as the ones you describe here. He would have been treated at hospital before being questioned.

13. How about organising an Arrse pub crawl starting in Tanners? Lets see how they like the odds then the civvy cnuts!