Attacked by vicious wasps...

Discussion in 'DIY' started by bigeye, Jul 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The ex-girlfriend came over to get some soil for her indoor plants so I grabbed a bag of peat and chucked it onto the decking to trowel a bit out. To my surprise a cloud of angry and determined wasps came ripping out of the peat bag to inflict revenge on the destroyer of their habitat.

I gallantly pushed past her and tried to flee through the garden doors into the house - but not before a number had attached themselves to my retreating back and started stinging.

The stings are painful - almost as sore as the wounds my ex-inflicted on me 'in an attempt to beat them off me' with a wooden stake she happened to be holding.

Anyway... the buggers are buzzing around the peat bag and show no sign of calming down.

How I can I get rid of them without the use of petrol, crow scarers or carbon monoxide?

Ta.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Someone on here posted a while ago about a very cunning plan involving a cut in half lemonade bottle and black treacle. Can't think who it was. Probably Ravers.

3. Petrol, crow scarers and carbon monoxide work fine for me chap.

4. get a plastic Lemo/coke PET bottle, cut in half invert the top half into the bottom half, fill half full with warm water and sugar leave outside, hey presto wasp killer ;-)

5. I might have to reconsider my vote on Dale's poll...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Good plan for the odd individual wasp- however I've just completely banjoed their living quarters and now they're after revenge not a tasty sugary beverage.

7. I've had the same problem several times, the safest way is if you have a hand pump for blowing up air beds etc.

Get some powder for killing them, put a load in one end of a 10ft length of 22mm plastic overflow pipe, slide it gently into the area, then attach the pump with insulation tape to the pipe, then pump like crazy at the other end, it's outside their "kill" area.

8. Grab a tennis bat and spend the next hour emulating a miserable Jock git.

• Like Like x 12
  9. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Honey badgers eat wasps and bees nests so that should work.

• Like Like x 7
  10. You've only yourself to blame then. Yam has got the right idea.

Alternatively, put black treacle on the floor, go to the pub, come back and get a fire extinguisher on them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Any chance of dropping something like a plastic rubbish bin over the top to contain them? You said it was decking, if no gaps, drop bin over top and leave till winter when cold weather will have killed them off.

12. Use a Zippo and a tin of Lynx. It kills the bastards, makes an awesome flame-thrower noise and makes your garden smell ok too (cooked Lynx smells better than raw). Don't do it inside though, I set fire to the curtains in my room once trying to get a moth.

• Like Like x 5
  13. A zippo lighter (full)
    A jumbo can of the ex-girlfriends hairspray

The best 20 mins you'll have round your ex- girlfriends house....

...unless she still puts out. In which case, you know the rules...pictures (or in your case a 2 minute news video)

• Like Like x 2
  14. I fear you've misinterpreted her requirements.

• Like Like x 1