Attack on US Consulate in Benghazi Reportedly A Major Blow to CIA

JJH -

Glad you posted but some officials talk too much.

The most curious thing about this to me, is the idea the CIA would have a vital base in a virtually undefended building, during a near-civil war where some of the combatants are its most bitter enemies.

Makes one wonder how much their organisation has come on since the days of exploding lobsters.

The most curious thing about this to me, is the idea the CIA would have a vital base in a virtually undefended building, during a near-civil war where some of the combatants are its most bitter enemies.

Makes one wonder how much their organisation has come on since the days of exploding lobsters.
It may also be a reflection of the reported malaise and deterioration in fieldcraft at the Company over the last 4 years.

It may also be a reflection of the reported malaise and deterioration in fieldcraft at the Company over the last 4 years.
I think we are descending to a situation that existed in the agency in the post Halloween Massacre days after Jimmy Carter and Stansfield Turner gutted the place and removed over 800 experienced intelligence officers. It took the agency a long time to recover from that.

Speaking of another variety of spook, on Jamestown Hot Issue - Could Benghazi Embassy Deaths Be a Harbinger of Al-Qaeda’s “Fourth Generation Warfare”?
Conclusion

One might question whether the Ansar al-Shari’a in Libya is one of the groups described by al-Shanqiti as an alternative to al-Qaeda. It is certain, however, that Ansar al-Shari’a opposes the United States and all Muslim political parties, including conservative Salafist groups that participate in democracy. The Benghazi group fits al-Shanqiti's description and could well be one of the new faces of an overt al-Qaeda. If no formal link to al-Qaeda is found in the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, it may be that there was no need for such a connection because al-Qaeda under its new name is already there hiding in plain sight. The group does not need an offensive film to be motivated to kill Americans. This is evidently what the people of Benghazi concluded before driving Ansar al-Shari’a from its facilities on September 21.

Gee, looks like the intel community is disenchanted with The Messiah:

http://freebeacon.com/revolt-of-the-spooks/

Weeks before the presidential election, President Barack Obama’s administration faces mounting opposition from within the ranks of U.S. intelligence agencies over what career officers say is a “cover up” of intelligence information about terrorism in North Africa.

Intelligence held back from senior officials and the public includes numerous classified reports revealing clear Iranian support for jihadists throughout the tumultuous North Africa and Middle East region, as well as notably widespread al Qaeda penetration into Egypt and Libya in the months before the deadly Sept. 11 terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi....

...“The Obama Administration is afraid to admit al Qaeda is running rampant throughout the region because it would expose the truth instead of what President Obama so pompously spouted during the Democratic Convention” said the official.
And why do I think the buck for this one is gonna stop somewhere besides the Resolute Desk?

Email Shows State Department Rejecting Request of Security Team at US Embassy in Libya - ABC News

Gee, looks like the intel community is disenchanted with The Messiah:

http://freebeacon.com/revolt-of-the-spooks/

And why do I think the buck for this one is gonna stop somewhere besides the Resolute Desk?

Email Shows State Department Rejecting Request of Security Team at US Embassy in Libya - ABC News

For some reason I suspect that the information about this will not come out until November 7th or later.

The media will be busy with two issues:
1) The story about how The Chosen One personally arranged the elimination of Bin Laden
2) How The Chosen One personally arranged for the capture and extradition of Abu Hamza and his friends.