Attack on US Consulate in Benghazi Reportedly A Major Blow to CIA

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jumpinjarhead, Sep 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. JJH -

Glad you posted but some officials talk too much.
  2. The most curious thing about this to me, is the idea the CIA would have a vital base in a virtually undefended building, during a near-civil war where some of the combatants are its most bitter enemies.

Makes one wonder how much their organisation has come on since the days of exploding lobsters.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. It may also be a reflection of the reported malaise and deterioration in fieldcraft at the Company over the last 4 years.
  4. I think we are descending to a situation that existed in the agency in the post Halloween Massacre days after Jimmy Carter and Stansfield Turner gutted the place and removed over 800 experienced intelligence officers. It took the agency a long time to recover from that.
  5. Speaking of another variety of spook, on Jamestown Hot Issue - Could Benghazi Embassy Deaths Be a Harbinger of Al-Qaeda’s “Fourth Generation Warfare”?
  6. Gee, looks like the intel community is disenchanted with The Messiah:

And why do I think the buck for this one is gonna stop somewhere besides the Resolute Desk?

Email Shows State Department Rejecting Request of Security Team at US Embassy in Libya - ABC News
    • Like Like x 2

7. For some reason I suspect that the information about this will not come out until November 7th or later.

The media will be busy with two issues:
    1) The story about how The Chosen One personally arranged the elimination of Bin Laden
    2) How The Chosen One personally arranged for the capture and extradition of Abu Hamza and his friends.