Attack On Massereene Barracks - 38 Engr Regt

I hope the cowardly swine that did this are caught and don't make it to trial.

RIP to those lost and speedy recovery to all injured

From across the pond:

Both CNN and FoxNews mentioned this and said 2 soldiers killed and 4 wounded. One said shot from a car and one said from a pizza truck.

This is horrible. RIP, condolances to the family, friends and fellow soldiers of those killed and best wishes and prayers for the wounded.

This is so sad. NI is a beautiful place with plenty of good decent people and a few vicious idiots who screw it up for everyone else. I actually visited NI several times before the trouble started. By the time my son was born it was a place I would not take a kid.

Things have seemed better lately. Just yesterday I was talking with my son (graduates univ. in May) and talking about a trip with to Ireland and including NI. I was telling him about Carrickfergus, Tor Head, Giants Causeway. Now this!

In addition to sympathy for the victims and families, best of luck to Arrsers from NI. I hope your country gets peace in our lifetimes.

Time for hardball.

Screw all the peacestuff.

Find these murderers and put bullets in their heads, then destroy the bodies.

Will the families of these new victims be receiving a couple of grand from the government?

RIP to the lads, and condolences to their family, friends and especially their Regiment.

It's just like the old days again! Except this time we have Javelin, UGL and Mastiff! Lets take it to them and this time make sure we don't stop until they are all terminated

lets hope this government has the balls for this fight after all we invaded afghan under the terrorist bubble so ireland should be a piece of piss

sub contract it to the Israelis

keeffy said:
lets hope this government has the balls for this fight after all we invaded afghan under the terrorist bubble so ireland should be a piece of urine
Now that's not very likely is it?

Taffnp Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:30 am Post subject: Re: Attack On Massereene Barracks - 38 Engr Regt
sub contract it to the Israelis
That's more like it.

RIP and condolences

chocolate_frog said:
Time for hardball.

Will the families of these new victims be receiving a couple of grand from the government?

RIP to the lads, and condolences to their family, friends and especially their Regiment.
I'm with you on this, well said, truth is we've always known it wasn't over didn't we,? but lets nip this in the bud, find and kill these cowards quickly, no if's no but's, before the IRA supporters start on here, You Know Who You ARE ! RIP Lads. condolences to the families.

Bliar has a lot to answer for too.

sandybag said:
chocolate_frog said:
Time for hardball.

I'm with you on this, well said, truth is we've always known it wasn't over didn't we,? but lets nip this in the bud, find and kill these cowards quickly, no if's no but's, before the IRA supporters start on here, You Know Who You ARE ! RIP Lads. condolences to the families.

At least he's sorting out the Middle East.

Ethel_the_Aardvark said:
sandybag said:
chocolate_frog said:
Time for hardball.

At least he's sorting out the Middle East.
Aye, two years as " Peace Envoy " before he sets foot in Gaza, fcukin great job he's doing there too, he should slot himself for his failure's around the world, lying bstard.

sandybag said:

I am as angry as the next bloke about this but we tried that with internment in the early 70s and guess what? The IRA had boys queuing round the block to enlist and they still pump out folk songs about it all to this day. We can still grieve for the fallen whilst keeping a calm head; we are/were professional soldiers after all.

This isn't a dig at you by the way - plenty of others have expressed similar sentiments and for entirely understandable reasons.

RIP sounds like one lad is critical and 2 are dead. Shocking news, they are about to deploy aswell. My thoughts go to the families.

No wonder KevinB was upset about hearing that the SRR was deploying. They might interfere with his mates activities.

Speedy recovery to the injured and my thoughts and condolences to the every one , I served with 33 Ind and 38 my heart goes out to you all

RIP

Regards Andy Rean

imperiallion said:
It's just like the old days again! Except this time we have Javelin, UGL and Mastiff! Lets take it to them and this time make sure we don't stop until they are all terminated
Dunno who you are mate - but you're talking bum-gravy here and other posts.

RIP

I served with 38 in Ripon in the 80's. Not the first time they have been targeted, the camp had been bombed twice in the 70's, killed a naafi manager.

Regards

Now is the time for our unelected leader to show some backbone, sadly with his previous I am sure there will be alot of hand wringing, hollow talk and spin. :x

RIP lads