Attachments

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Spindarella, Mar 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

Im in the AGC (SPS) & have recently completed my Mil Clerk Class 3. Ive been in about 8 months. My personal circumstances have recently changed & im having to relocate & change jobs etc! I have heard the word 'attachment' being mumbled here & there & i am intrigued! I am also applying to join the regs at present - aiming to start around september time (if all goes to plan), so i have all summer to play around with. If anyone is wise in the ways of finding attachments to go on etc then i would love to hear from you!
    I will also take it up with my SPSI & see what he comes up with.

Thanks in advance!
    S

2. It is possible to go on an attachment to a regular unit. They are usually informal arrangerments and you will be paid MTD's by your TA unit. Alternativly there is FTRS.

Best solution - speak to your SPSI and tell him/her what you want to do. A point of caution - your SPSI is most unlikely to be AGC and therefore may be of little help. If he/she can't help, ask him/her to speak to Adjt about it.

You can always phone the FTRS people and ask them. The FTRS number is on armynet.

3. msr

msr LE

If I was going to spend a measurable proportion of my adult life in the army, right now I'd be looking to do something as far removed from military service as I could...

msr

4. Go and get some adventurous training in. Or an op tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Fair point! wasnt planning on spending my whole summer on an attachment, just a little bit. Im planning on Temping till training starts, which in London should not be too much of a problem. Ile just have to see how it goes!

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated!

6. The help desk number is 0141 224 8740

7. Thought about an OP TOUR, infact they asked my on tues if i fancied OP HERRICK, but it collides ever so slightly with me joining up! & i think ide rather do that instead - at this moment in time anyway! It did get me thinking tho, but im getting on the 'older' side of young so its now or never really!

8. Mate come on Herrick with me! It'l be a blast...... I'll teach you how to paint boxes and stag on!

T C

9. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Cant you go S-type and save yourself the hassle of mixing with Mongs and doing basic again might just save you the effort and after 2 years you can transfer into the regs?.....correct me if I'm wrong

10. Yes and No. S-Type is very diffficult these days. Sort of replaced by FTRS, but it does still exist.