Attachments

Hello all,

Im in the AGC (SPS) & have recently completed my Mil Clerk Class 3. Ive been in about 8 months. My personal circumstances have recently changed & im having to relocate & change jobs etc! I have heard the word 'attachment' being mumbled here & there & i am intrigued! I am also applying to join the regs at present - aiming to start around september time (if all goes to plan), so i have all summer to play around with. If anyone is wise in the ways of finding attachments to go on etc then i would love to hear from you!
I will also take it up with my SPSI & see what he comes up with.

Thanks in advance!
S

It is possible to go on an attachment to a regular unit. They are usually informal arrangerments and you will be paid MTD's by your TA unit. Alternativly there is FTRS.

Best solution - speak to your SPSI and tell him/her what you want to do. A point of caution - your SPSI is most unlikely to be AGC and therefore may be of little help. If he/she can't help, ask him/her to speak to Adjt about it.

You can always phone the FTRS people and ask them. The FTRS number is on armynet.

If I was going to spend a measurable proportion of my adult life in the army, right now I'd be looking to do something as far removed from military service as I could...

msr

msr said:
If I was going to spend a measurable proportion of my adult life in the army, right now I'd be looking to do something as far removed from military service as I could...

msr
Fair point! wasnt planning on spending my whole summer on an attachment, just a little bit. Im planning on Temping till training starts, which in London should not be too much of a problem. Ile just have to see how it goes!

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated!

Captain_Calamity said:
Go and get some adventurous training in. Or an op tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thought about an OP TOUR, infact they asked my on tues if i fancied OP HERRICK, but it collides ever so slightly with me joining up! & i think ide rather do that instead - at this moment in time anyway! It did get me thinking tho, but im getting on the 'older' side of young so its now or never really!

Cant you go S-type and save yourself the hassle of mixing with Mongs and doing basic again might just save you the effort and after 2 years you can transfer into the regs?.....correct me if I'm wrong

Latest Threads