Attachments

Don't see a problem with that one - it opens up with Picassa (that's the default I currently have on though I am not loving it much)

Hm. Will look into this. Any more examples, JD?

I missed this first time. While a lot of people seem to have the same problem with .jpg I haven't been able to find a solution. I'll keep trying. Thanks for letting me know.

Are you attaching the file or uploading it first and then hotlinking to it as below?

Code:
[img]*image address here*[/img]
I can see the image fine; JD's is a balloon drop and GCO's is a rusty train; but it downloads rather than appearing on the screen.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Problem seems to relate to attachments B_Z. Hot-linking using the
tags is fine. The attachments should appear as thumbnails without needing to be downloaded first.

Think that's what GCO is trying to crack.

All I see is this:

ÿØÿàJFIF,,ÿáъExifMM*
†
˜¢ª(1
²2¼‡iÒ
ÊNIKON CORPORATIONNIKON D40,,Ver.1.11 2010:04:27 18:14:25)‚šÝ̈"ˆ'Ȑ0221Ԑê‘‘’
’’’’ ’
’|
I ’†,
j’10’‘10’’10 0100  à è 
–¢£££
º¤¤¤¤
¤¤¤¤¤ ¤
¤ ê 
 d
2010:04:15 20:31:142010:04:15 20:31:14ÿÿÿú%
È
NikonII*00210ÈNT
\ip
w „  ˜
 Z
ȸÀÎց Þƒ„燈‰!Šÿ‹@   ‘Y’•u—,z˜ ¦ šÆ ž
Ö ¢Ž¤-£§Œ"¨ê ©ÿ ª
«
°/
±COLORFINE AUTO AUTO AF-A NORMAL ‹À Ðà Þà Þ75147420100AUTO ´
&
#
MODE3a NATURAL 0209TBÂ1EšbG@üÀÝhGôßßCüo]ö:ͯà` MÔvŸÛ|ÑY3rþÇèX%.)sô+ڐ«dßÐP<ýˆæ© l £âA÷÷HæÕžy£äÿrmdDύí \6¶QW°R•&e€·kLÆÉ ÔßF؊¶ŸX0Šm3ÆaML=8„ÂË÷1(™r„~ÆGļ´Þú,Ó| Fґ6ðºô<€24š7t`gîwÆÖ´GœGjp¶6PÒ¦Ûe,Ǿ²¢‘&shy;bæ^§ÇŽ¤j¸Ú½‰¢7v+ƒH?>ùÊfÈ¿
¨ƒJÙ-©4‘ØwÃÂn°á'íÓö¾;^ûSd(ƒŽ¼M|‹2ԗÊ:÷a.¬þ˜{µG

Works on Tapatalk ;)

Bit worried about your fascination with trains though :)

Seems to be some problem with IE8 and some jpegs. I get a warning with the problem train jpeg "WARNING: Color space tagged as sRGB, without an embedded color profile." I can't link that to an IE8 error though. Vbulletin doesn't like it either as it isn't converting it to a thumbnail. I've spent a good few hours on this getting almost nowhere so am going to leave it as 'one of them Microsoft things' that I'm sure they'll sort out at some point. Unlucky IE8-using train spotters.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Spindarella Army Reserve 10
escape_artists_never_die OTC and ACF 5
Purple_Emperor ARRSE: Site Issues 1