Attachment to US National Guard

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by wg100, Feb 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I realise that I may be coming in for some flack from those in the UK who have a less than positive few about the US Army.
    I am going to be out in the US for 5 months later this year. I'm currently in the TA and would be keen to keep my finger in the military pie, so to speak. As such, does anyone currently out in the US have any contacts within the Arizona NG? I'd like to gather some info prior to approaching my CoC here in the UK.

Also, does anyone back here in the UK know if this is even feasible?
  2. Get in touch with the British Defence Section in Washington (BDS(W)) - they have a site on the intraweb. They may be able to help you/know the policy.
  3. Would you be able to pull contacts off? I'm on leave at the moment and not likely to get access to DII for a while.
  4. Where are you going to?

Legally speaking, you'll be a civilian unless you have exchange orders (which has been known to happen). Depending on the unit, though, they may not be adverse to a foreign viewpoint, especially if you have a tour or two under your belt.

5. NTM - get back to bed, it is late there and the thought of a deranged yankee tank commander drives shivers down my spine!
  6. I'm heading out to Arizona. Would be looking to do this legitimately, so that I could ideally be paid by the TA for any training done.
    I've done a tour and spent quite a bit of time working with California NG guys.
  7. They can also be reached at