Attachment to the Parachute Regiment

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by meadowsrn, Feb 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,
    I am currently an OCdt sponsored by the Parachute Regiment, heading to Sandhurst in 2013. I have been offered to go on an attachment with one of the battalions this summer but just wondered if anyone had any experience of this and what I am to expect. How long would it be for and what would I be doing? Any advice or knowledge on the matter would be much appreciated.

2. You get attached to one of their Platoon commanders and shadow them. Or at least, that's what battalion visits at my sponsor regiment are like.
  3. I honestly don't know but if you're worried are you really cut out for the Paras? Aggressive professionalism backed by sheer physical courage - if you get accepted and earn the coveted BBC you may be called upon to lob into a hot DZ at night and you're worried about a mere attachment?
  4. Get your head down markintime, its a request for info not a quivering squeal for reassurance.

"Aggressive professionalism backed by sheer physical courage" no doubt a subject expert...........

5. Best not to make snap judgements my friend :wink:
  6. Why?

When were you last sampling C 130 slipstream?