Attachment issues - missing files

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Sep 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Some attachments will misbehave this afternoon and be visible at some times and break at others, ie. you'll get a red cross and no image where there should be one.

This will be cured tonight and all will be well tomorrow again.
  2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I know. Still working on this.
  3. Thanks GCO :)
  4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

About 20 attachments from the last 36 hours have been lost. I apologise to those affected!
  5. That's ok, I forgive you my child. :)
  6. As long as its not cameltoe pictures!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Very odd. Could see Arte_et_Marte's picture this afternoon on work's pc (running IE 6 I think), so assumed GCO had done the biz. Came home, looked again using my pc (Chrome), no skip....

Admit it, someone's playing a prank on me!
  8. I couldn't see the skip until this afternoon, quite why I wanted to see it I don't know. It's far from cameltoeish.

Sent from my iPoop touch using ARRSE app
  9. HHH

HHH LE

Did you try refresh or clearing your cookies.
  10. Really. You can't say that to a lass.
  11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Not odd really. One likely explanation: you had looked at the page on your work PC while the attachment was still there and your work PC will have cached it. When you next viewed the page it would just show the cached copy. Your home probably didn't have a cached copy.
  12. Nope, post was posted after I had left work on the 25th, I tried to view it at home, no show (again, on either PC or using android phone), went to work on 26th, saw skip (it's really not that interesting, just its random appearances), went home, looked on site, no skip.

I will try the clearing of cookies. Anyone got a bucket?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Can I volunteer to hold your hair back?
  14. Only if you promise not to look down my blouse.

Cookies and cache cleared, skip now visible, all is right with the world. As you were.