• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Attaching NI GSM to jacket

Tattoo on your left breast, or if that's already inked, hang your medal between nipple rings with a length of paracord.

Use string. It's so versatile. Just tie a length all the way round your chest a couple of times and dangle the bling off them. Any leftover bits can double up as braces for holding up those tired old grey slacks and when you use some as a belt it adds a nice finishing touch. Also a useful replacement for a broken shoelace.

I have some small loops sewn in to my overcoat, which given that it’s November is usually required! If it’s mild, I just get warm.

I have 9 medals though, so they are quite heavy, I would think just one would be fine pinned directly to your suit.

MB

I have some small loops sewn in to my overcoat, which given that it’s November is usually required! If it’s mild, I just get warm.

I have 9 medals though, so they are quite heavy, I would think just one would be fine pinned directly to your suit.

MB
9 Medals! Are you some kind of Soviet General?

edit: And furthermore, can you pin them to your frenulum as per @Cutaway suggestion, then post the photo for our review?

9 Medals! Are you some kind of Soviet General?

edit: And furthermore, can you pin them to your frenulum as per @Cutaway suggestion, then post the photo for our review?
4 of them are freebies, so don’t really count (Betties jubilees, 2 x ACSMs).

And as for the frenulum, I seriously doubt the little fella would appreciate it!

MB

Which is the best option to wear my GSM on my jacket without actually piercing it with the pin bar and leaving it full of holes?
You are asking the wrong question here... try a little lateral thinking and ask, "how can I fix my jacket to my GSM?"

The challenge of such an unusual request will have them busting brain cells to help rather than taking the piss out of somebody wanting to pin a medal to a jacket.

You are asking the wrong question here... try a little lateral thinking and ask, "how can I fix my jacket to my GSM?"

The challenge of such an unusual request will have them busting brain cells to help rather than taking the piss out of somebody wanting to pin a medal to a jacket.
Surely he will have his own jacket?
And pace stick

Which is the best option to wear my GSM on my jacket without actually piercing it with the pin bar and leaving it full of holes?
Is this some way to wind up the medal-less RAF and cold war fatties?

"Ooh, check you out with your medal!"

Why not go the whole hog and go the "Seal" route....place the pin in your chest and slam yourself against the wall. Seems to work for the sceptics....