Attaching hackle to TOS?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Hat20, Oct 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A non -internet chum has asked me to ask how do you attach the hackle to a TOS as he has just got a replacement for a missing one and it all has to be sewn on,but he has no idea how.
    He has the tartan patch and hackle-RHF and brand new TOS but needs advice on how??
  2. I find that putting the TOS on your head, then using a black & decker nail gun normally does the trick!
  3. He'll have to cut a hole through the patch and headdress to fit the wire of the hackle.

Of course, his Training Team would have shown him exactly how to do that with the one that went missing...
  4. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Does Hackle know you want to abuse him?
  5. No idea,but any advice for him gratefully received(regarding thread that is)
  6. It ain't just a TOS, tartan patch and hackle anymore. He also has a nice big Royal Regiment of Scotland badge to attach.
  7. Nope,he's an old bod who has been given a replacement for his old RHF one and cannot remember how it all goes.
  8. I'd ask your mate some pretty searching questions. I can't believe that anyone would 'forget' how to attach a hackle, given the amount of times they have to be removed and re-inserted for field use and cleaning.

If he wants it for Armistice Day, remind him that the Glengarry and bursting bomb go better with smart civvies.
  9. Does your friend bear any resemblance to Idi Amin?
  10. Look, being a fat psychopathic dictator is no hindrance to a career in the Scottish Infantry, I'll have you know. Hell, in the Argylls it's a positive boon!