Attaching chord shoulder boards

2/51

LE
Never having worn "funcy" No. 1's whilst serving, I am at a loss as how to attach chord shoulder boards to a No. 1 jacket (Pipeband uniform)

I need them to be "openable" as I have to pass a red sash, plaid and drum Majors Baldric under them.

Do I cut of the existing cloth epaulettes?

I have the extended screw on buttons by the way.

Any help/pointers greatly appreciated!

As worn by this handsome chap

Last edited:

Drumbox

Old-Salt
2/51 you are such a belter! We will have to start calling you Mr Benn. The jacket has to be modified by a tailor. The epaulettes have to be removed and a loop attached in place. The under strap of the shoulder boards is then slipped under the loop and over the screw posts. The button can then be screwed into place.

2/51

LE
2/51 you are such a belter! We will have to start calling you Mr Benn. The jacket has to be modified by a tailor. The epaulettes have to be removed and a loop attached in place. The under strap of the shoulder boards is then slipped under the loop and over the screw posts. The button can then be screwed into place.
Many thanks for the reply, appreciated.

2/51

LE
Anyway which uniform is this for? I hope you're not walting it somewhere....
None...when I openned the dressing up box in the bands store cupboard there were a couple of sets of shoulder chords (blank). On asking around it appears that they were bought by the band back in the 80's! Looking at the jacket last night, and the chords, the two together would be an overkill so they are firmly back in the dressing up box. They may go on ebay as they are good quality, but they won't be going on the jacket/

Latest Threads