attaching cap badge

Discussion in 'REME' started by Jubbles, Oct 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently preparing for my second TA weekend and have been issues my beret and cap badge.

However it does not have any pins or a place in which a pin can be inserted, there is a single bar running from the back of the badge and on the beret itself there is an area of stitching which behind it on the inside of the beret there is a small pocket area.

Am i supposed to undo the stitching on the front of the beret so that the bar can be slid in from the top of the beret and sit in place?

if anyone could tell me that would be great.
  2. make small incision in the front of the beret, where the "pocket" is (at the top) and slide it in.
  3. I'm calling wah....
  4. Place beret on head, then attach capbadge with nailgun.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. This is REME. Use pop rivets. Nail guns are so last century.
  6. mono bolts, or, and hank bolts, do the job half right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Fixed that fecker for ya. :)
  8. reme, have you phoned lex ? you always do these days ????????????
  9. Simply fill in IST paperwork and send to your local friendly REME Bn Ops who will sit on it for 6 weeks then deem there is no training value in the work you have submitted and palm it off to DSG. They will charge the Army £1300 just to inspect it then leave it until the beret goes overdue all its brushing and re-shaping events leaving you to explain to your ES branch why its been NTWY for so long.
    When the beret is about to be worked on it will be bumped down the priority scale by more important berets, then go awaiting spares- for ever.
    Hope this helps.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ignore the unhelpful suggestions about nail guns or rivets or other shite. Araldite the ****** on.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. get ya self a pair of reactolite lens glasses, then you can look like a proper STAB lol
  12. Love IT

you have to stick it on with a NOOB turd, can get them from all recruiting office waiting areas
  13. Cynical ..... But so true... LOVE IT!