Attaching a Kukri to Assault Vest

Hello Folks. I'm considering purchasing a flashy kurki, but before I do, has anyone figured a novel and comfortable way to fit it to kit, especially to an assault vest? The things are so long, I can't see it being attached to the back very well without it getting in the way or banging against my backside when running

Your name 'Johnny G' by any chance? Why would you want to carry a Kukri unless it was tradition? There are much better mor practical options for fighting/survival knives that won't get you laughed at. Maybe you should go for one of those?

E

error_unknown

Are you a Gurkha? If not, toting a kukhri about is a bit Walt-ish, don't you think?

A kukri looks better attached to a Gurkha than an assault vest.
Mine lives in a wooden tool box in my garage - inherited from my parents who found it more than 40 years ago in a house we moved into. The box is where it is staying too!

haha, awesome. Ok, maybe I deserved the piss taking...does anyone have any better suggestions? And what the hell is a Walt ladies?

Walt as it walter mitty though this is probably a wah .buy a lock knife more use than a kukri and the air force wont try to steal it .

Glok Machete and a small fixed blade knife is all you will ever need. If you need to kill people with a knife you will be issued a Fairbairn Sykes Dagger or of course use your trusty cast Bayonet!!!

Dave

Ok, thanks, but more important is the method of attaching the knife to your assualt vest. Does anyone have any ideas? What do people do with their bayonets?

What do people do with their bayonets!!!!!!!!!!! Whaometer just went off the scale.

Boney

Get some webbing loops sewn onto the assault vest - above the pouches and on the bottom edge are handy locations. Then you can use those tough nylon velcro straps from DiY stores to add or remove items. I use a big web loop over the left waterbottle pouch to hang the respirator pouch - vests may be trendy, but they don't make provision for NBC kit...

No point in carrying a big knife - just a heavy weight and looks daft. What are you going to use it for? A small cheapo hobby knife with snap-off blade sections covers most tasks better - sewing, first aid, sharpening your pencil, opening MRE bags, etc. If you're scrimming up, then a shared pair of secateurs is more efficient, and if you're in the jungle, then a golok is the minimum that'll cope......

We all know where you keep your bayonet Boney; up your ass

Thanks for the info clanker, I'll keep that in mind

All this about attatching kukris to assault vests is a little strange, :(

if you feel the need to carry a kukri, have it on the side of your Bergen or Daysack,
if you are contemplating hacking peoples heads off you really are a walt...... :x

otherwise, if you need decent cutting tools, get a swedish army sheath knife for about 9 quid, that'll do all your fine cutting, and food prep and get a B&Q folding saw for about 12 quid, that'll cut almost anything down, and its good for cutting ice and snow, something you cant do with a kukri

also, think about a decent sharpening stone :wink:

E

error_unknown

Realistically, I don't think I've ever had a cause to use anything more threatening than the old Swiss Army knife since I've been in. I do have an Opinel knife (about a fiver from garden and fishing shops) which has a lockable carbon steel blade which can be sharpened like fcuk and is great for chopping onions, garlic etc.

For a small fee i'll supply you with the latest, just on the market,

ACME Kukri holder.

This design (approved by "Andy" Ex-you know where) has been scientifically proven to keep any length of kukri safely secured to the front of your assault vest without getting tangled up in that pesky M60 you undoubtably want to tote around,nor will it get in the way of your soon to be issued nickel plated Desert Eagle in it's complementary silver trimmed shoulder holster.

In fact as i write this I can see the mini bus from Herford arriving just to get the rest of their order. PM me, and again for a small fee, i'll tell you what they bought so you can get the same.

As one recent testimonial from "soldiers A - X, BS Sqn said

Thanks Akira, Were all really impressed with our new Kukri holders, best £50 (each) we've ever spent. Can't wait till we're off slotting again, just makes it so much easier you know, no niggling doubts like, what if that sentry looks round before I can find my kukri, oh no! it's always there. Safe and easily found, all thanks to your great

ACME Kukri holder.

PS Don't let anyone else buy one even if they offer you double. It's having the best kit that makes us special.

So you see Tsar I could'nt let you have one for anything less than £150. PM me and we'll work something out. Students, OAP's and Walts all get a special 10% discount.

Regards

Akira - I hear your Kukri holder is just a poor rip-off of an Artkis one. Is this true?

Are you the Webtex of the walt kit world?

Do you have a sensible reason for even owning a kukri? What do you intend using it for? If you cant resist the strange urge to adorn yourself with a kukri, hang it on your belt, people will still laugh at you, only not quite so hard.