ATs need not comment

Discussion in 'RLC' started by Danny_Dravot, Jul 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok, so it would appear that this forum has some pretty dull topics in it, almost exclusively dominated by the endless AT/ATO types. Am I alone in thinking that

a. They are the dullest trade group going
    b. That they are the only trade group that know how to use t'internet
    c. That, despite claiming to be undermanned, they are the only trade group that manage to find time to comment on here regularly

I think so. Lets face it, being an ATO/AT is not sexy unless you a proper AT. 99% spend most of their dull, meaningless lives scuttling around large dark sheds only to appear periodically to quote some regulation or other and give a technical BS answer as to why a task can't be completed.

Finally, I once heard a particularly rotund, horse-headed salad-dodgin specky tw*t AT say "don't confuse your rank with my authority"

FCUK OFF and get a life and stop filling this site with drivel

2. did you fail AT selection or have just failed your latest ammo inspection?

3. no and no

4. Having a bad day?

5. There, there. Someone need a nap?

Why don't you invite some of the other "interesting" trades on then?

6. Have you tried De-caff?

7. Hang on lads, we're not supposed to be commenting!

8. Aaah, no!

But Mr Bde spoke so eloquently that I found myself drawn, moth-like, to his sparkling repartee!!

Alas, I could not resist!

9. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

GB,

A very good point indeed.

May I suggest you place a post to show the rest of the board what you would like to see on here.

Thank you.

10. GB

PMT, late night, wrong side of the bed, jealous, failed the pre-select?

You could always retrade you know.

Failing that, try wind chimes and whale music.

11. or come here to patpong in Bankok and have your troubles soothed away!!!

12. Well Goon I must say I agree. Infact posting a 'controversial' topic like this, is bound to get the ATs snapping like trigger fish round the rotting carcass of an AT dipped in BBQ sauce and tossed (off) in to the river.
    If you want to endlessly discuss AT trade matters or the wieght of an L96 fuse, (don't bother trying to correct my lack of ammo knowledge, cos we don't care) why not set up your own board. Much like we did for the toilets who constantly discuss RCB on the officers section.

Now watch Melchy throw track, dullness assured.

(Goon is right - I think ATs are the only trade with access to computers, let alone the knowhow to use them)

13. As we are having a go at the ATs. I had to instruct on the AT leadership courses in the late 80's. I am not sure what was more worrying; during their 5 minute presentations 10 chose the finer mechanical and physical properties of munitions and the 11th chose the manner in which one would have sexual intercourse with a water melon. Strange or normal which one is more scary?

14. By the way goon I must say I appreciated your comments at the Mess meeting regarding Smoking in the Mess.....

15. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

I must say this is amusing.

The board is supposed to run itself, the mods step in for prefect duty.

From now on I'll keep quiet and let you guys crack on.