ATR Winchester

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by Vinnylppd, Oct 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Im due to start my 14 weeks basic on the 29th October at ATR Winchester... I hopefully want to train as a MC in the SPS.

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what i should expect in training... i get the general nature of it but when it comes to PT my upper body isnt that good so i sruggle on the heaves - any ideas how i can improve them because at the moment i cant do a single one and im worried it will knock me back in basic.

My cardio is fine - i completed the 1.5 mile run in 9mins 15...

cheers guys!
  2. If the PT is anything there like it was when I went through then you will be completing heaves no problem by the end of week 2.

Work hard at it and do as the PTI asks (shouts) and you will have no problems.

Its their job to make you fit in any areas you are lacking. When I first went to Winchester my mile and a half run time was about 12 minutes, after 3 1/2 weeks my run time was down to 9 minutes.

Dont worry about it and enjoy the experience.
  3. If your upper body is lacking before you go to Winchester and while your there do two minutes of press ups and two minutes sit ups every day, you will be amazed at the difrence keep a chart of the maximum you can do and watch how your upper body strength increases and your fitness test will be easy.