ATR Winchester

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by SgtSlaughter, Jan 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone been based at ATR Winchester as an instructor? I am posted there in a few months.

What is the job like, location, MQs etc

2. Not been as an instructor but done Basic there back in early 2003. I believe the MQ's were in Worthy Down (AGC phase 2 establishment). Winchester itself is a nice place, got the shops you need in town, few nice pubs and not too far from the likes of southampton/portsmouth for more shopping.

3. Yes some of the SFA are in Worthy Down and some are in Harestock, i am currently posted there as a sect comd. PM me for more info.

4. I was at ATFC Winchester a few weeks ago for B Squadron passing in, during the day we were shown a demonstration by one of the training team of the weight of burgen, webbing, helmet etc that had to be carried by junior soldiers of both sexes.

I mentioned this is another thread, and was asked by someone if I knew the actual weight carried, and how many females were in biff platoon (whatever that means).

I wonder if anyone here would know the answer to either of these questions?

Also another person said that during his phase one (Adult entry) in a mixed RLC troop, only 20% of female managed to pass out with their original troop. I wonder if anyone knows if this figure is a generally accurate percentage?

5. i am doing my phase 1 here in march, and was wandering you could give me any info about what to expect?