ATR Winchester

Has anyone been based at ATR Winchester as an instructor? I am posted there in a few months.

What is the job like, location, MQs etc

Not been as an instructor but done Basic there back in early 2003. I believe the MQ's were in Worthy Down (AGC phase 2 establishment). Winchester itself is a nice place, got the shops you need in town, few nice pubs and not too far from the likes of southampton/portsmouth for more shopping.

gingerslime said:
Not been as an instructor but done Basic there back in early 2003. I believe the MQ's were in Worthy Down (AGC phase 2 establishment). Winchester itself is a nice place, got the shops you need in town, few nice pubs and not too far from the likes of southampton/portsmouth for more shopping.
Yes some of the SFA are in Worthy Down and some are in Harestock, i am currently posted there as a sect comd. PM me for more info.

I was at ATFC Winchester a few weeks ago for B Squadron passing in, during the day we were shown a demonstration by one of the training team of the weight of burgen, webbing, helmet etc that had to be carried by junior soldiers of both sexes.

I mentioned this is another thread, and was asked by someone if I knew the actual weight carried, and how many females were in biff platoon (whatever that means).

I wonder if anyone here would know the answer to either of these questions?

Also another person said that during his phase one (Adult entry) in a mixed RLC troop, only 20% of female managed to pass out with their original troop. I wonder if anyone knows if this figure is a generally accurate percentage?

Latest Threads