ATR WINCHESTER - Sticky for all those joining in 2018

Sorry I haven’t been posting. So I’m at end of week 3 now, I’m in Burma Company (blue) for future reference. Week 1 is purely admin tbh, week 2 for me anyway had a lot of pt so that flew by. Also start using the rifles etc. Locker inspections everyday starting week 2
Tomorrow end of week 3 is weapon handling lessons, had a few pt sessions this week.
Platoon has started bitchin and bonding more so all is good so far.
I got 11:05 on my PFA so will need to be worked down but as long as you’re under 14:00 you’re okay.
I also failed the MST, military swim test first time. Don’t worry if you do, you get some swimming lessons in the morning at 7:30..then after like three sessions I passed the swim test. ( tread water for two minutes and do 50m of the pool doing any type of stroke as long as you don’t touch the floor or the sides of the pool)
As I’m writing this, we’re sitting in the welfare building chilling and revising for tomorrow.
Nice to know you're okay! You enjoying yourself?
No PT in week 1?
Are you mixed, lad and lasses or separate?
You'll work it down lad. Anyone fail the 14 mins?
Well done on the swim! I'm deffo gonna tank that haha!
Good luck with the weapons, I'm sure you'll smash it!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi all.

Unfortunately I couldn't locate the correct thread for people joining within 2019 (not sure there even is one) so here I am.

Is anyone attending basic in Winchester on Feb 18th 2019?

Hope to here from you all.

Nice to know you're okay! You enjoying yourself?
No PT in week 1?
Are you mixed, lad and lasses or separate?
You'll work it down lad. Anyone fail the 14 mins?
Well done on the swim! I'm deffo gonna tank that haha!
Good luck with the weapons, I'm sure you'll smash it!

Sorry for not seeing this, been busier with lessons and just done ranges stuff for the first time! When is your date to join again?
As a whole female troop just started today and an all male troop started. My troop is all male but apparently there should have been females with us.
The troop that passed out when I was on week 2 was mixed but haven’t seen a mixed one since then.
No PT other than the PFA( Friday) or last day of week 1 , nope I was the slowest at 11:05 on 1.5 mile run.
We also recently did a swim lesson while wearing kit -.-! Was horrible haha! Good luck whenever you start

Sorry for not seeing this, been busier with lessons and just done ranges stuff for the first time! When is your date to join again?
As a whole female troop just started today and an all male troop started. My troop is all male but apparently there should have been females with us.
The troop that passed out when I was on week 2 was mixed but haven’t seen a mixed one since then.
No PT other than the PFA( Friday) or last day of week 1 , nope I was the slowest at 11:05 on 1.5 mile run.
We also recently did a swim lesson while wearing kit -.-! Was horrible haha! Good luck whenever you start
Dont worry mate. I'm in the female troop that joined today. Same company as you!
How you finding it? Bet you're loving the ranges!
Ah that's good! I'm keeping optimistic about it haha.

Oh cool. So you’re finally here, all you be doing is getting kit haha.
Yeah was ace but tomorrow we’re doing different firing positions (rather just probe) not looking forward to it
Good, attitude will get you far here haha.
Now I’ve just gotta figure out who you are well I’ve got a tattoo on my left forearm that’s fairly unique

May aswell chime in too,
I'm in Anzio week 3 (green tees) anyone here going rmp?

Last edited:
Aye I'm 1 mate, itd the last intake for rmp this year hence the numbers

Latest Threads