ATR WINCHESTER - Sticky for all those joining in 2018

Too true. Not many jobs that would would get that at hey!
Super close for you now! Bags packed?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Yeah exactly. Close and yet not close enough!
No bags packed yet, I’m flying from Spain this Saturday so probably pack on Thursday, then wasting next week and then bam PHASE 1

Yeah exactly. Close and yet not close enough!
No bags packed yet, I’m flying from Spain this Saturday so probably pack on Thursday, then wasting next week and then bam PHASE 1
Eeek! And what a bam it's gonna be! It's slowly feeling real!

Anyone else's portal intake date now showing the day before intake? Ie mine was Monday 10th September, now showing Sunday 9th of September instead.

Can't work out if it's a fault or been purposely changed.

No, mine is still showing the 27th. Although, are people taking hangers or are they in the lockers already?
I ended up contacting them. The new date is correct. The new routine is to arrive on a Sunday apparently for a smoother transition. I assume because we attest on the Monday. Keep an eye on it because it will likely change.

Dunno, no mention of them on the newer kit lists. Tho the lady I spoke to this morning said she was emailing my CSM to sort my travel warrant and joining instructions so I assume I get an updated kit list then!

I assume that you’ll be the first intake to do that then, I’ve just had a look on the portal and I’ve still got the Monday as a start date. Mind you I’ve already picked up my train tickets so that might be a factor

I assume that you’ll be the first intake to do that then, I’ve just had a look on the portal and I’ve still got the Monday as a start date. Mind you I’ve already picked up my train tickets so that might be a factor
Ahhh that makes more sense!
How you feeling?

Looking forward to it. I’ve got a holiday next week before I go so everything is getting really close now, you still preparing?
Aww fab! Wish I'd thought of that haha. Where you off?

Yeah still in prep. Thinking I have too much to pack!
Having a 'super nervous about the whole situation' couple of days. So ready for the excitement to kick in haha.

Spain for a few days, figured I might as well get some time away before I go.
To be honest if you’re not nervous about it then there’s probably something wrong haha

Haha cheers. It’s been good so far, but it’s only day 2.
Also I saw your thing about Sunday arrival. Me and 5 others were late on Monday due to trains being crap.
What you been up to so far?
Ahh maybe that's why then. Something about smooth transition

Anyone else for 27th Aug?

What you been up to so far?
Ahh maybe that's why then. Something about smooth transition

Sorry I haven’t been posting. So I’m at end of week 3 now, I’m in Burma Company (blue) for future reference. Week 1 is purely admin tbh, week 2 for me anyway had a lot of pt so that flew by. Also start using the rifles etc. Locker inspections everyday starting week 2
Tomorrow end of week 3 is weapon handling lessons, had a few pt sessions this week.
Platoon has started bitchin and bonding more so all is good so far.
I got 11:05 on my PFA so will need to be worked down but as long as you’re under 14:00 you’re okay.
I also failed the MST, military swim test first time. Don’t worry if you do, you get some swimming lessons in the morning at 7:30..then after like three sessions I passed the swim test. ( tread water for two minutes and do 50m of the pool doing any type of stroke as long as you don’t touch the floor or the sides of the pool)
As I’m writing this, we’re sitting in the welfare building chilling and revising for tomorrow.

What is the accommodation like there, are the beds/pillows very similar to what they had at Pirbright at selection? Also how often are you allowed access to your phone and on that topic do you have access to free wifi or are you required to pay xx amount?

Latest Threads