ATR Winchester Kit list

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by chris87, Feb 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got my Joining instuctions on monday here is the kit list

Documents

National Health Card
    National Insurance Card
    P45 (If Held)
    Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
    Your Birth Certificate
    Birth Certificate of Children (if applicable)
    Any Legal Orders (relating to divorce, custody, change of name Etc)
    Driving Licence (if held)
    Passport (if held)
    Photographs (4 up to date passport size photographs of yourself - No Beards or Hats
    Any Qualification Certificates
    Bank Account Details (if you do not have a bank account you must open one before reporting note the account must have a sorting code)
    [hr]

Clothing amd eqipment

A complete toiletries kit (including a wet razor, nail scissors and a soap dish, and spare toiletries)
    Sewing Kit (including black thread and safety pins)
    2 Large Towels
    Civilian clothes (Smart trousers, Shoes, Shirt and Tie Afco said if you have a suit take that)
    Outdoor Clothing (Warm & Waterproof)
    Swimwear (Trunks or swiming shorts)
    Flip Flops/Shower shoes
    Underwear (Sufficient for 7 days)
    Sports underwear
    Handkerchiefs
    Nightwear (Remember you will be sharing a room with others)

[hr]

Additional Useful items

2xBoot Brushes
    A Big tin of black polish (Kiwi is recomended)
    Training shoes (Warn in and not brand new)
    Home Stationery (Letter writing paper, envelopes, stamps and pen)
    Wrist watch
    Alarm Clock
    4xStrong Padlocks
    Small torch with batteries
    Personal possessions (photos of Family.)

2. And your question is?

3. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

No indication of how often you need to change handkerchiefs or sports underwear? Is laundry limited under basic?

4. no idea i just posted the list word for word so incase people wanted a jump start

5. Don't forget a stash of money and your escape and evasion map.

Week 2..suffer lower limb injury during endurance PT ( a jog to the trained soldiers)

week 3.. Transfer to the shagging, drinking and insubordination platoon Sorry I meant rehab platoon ( still 15 Pl to me or Fox Pl )

Week 4..take 3 weeks of sick leave at home on full pay ( allowing lots of time to get disillusioned about the Army, whilst at the same time telling all the local chavettes how many rag heads you slotted in the sand box)

Week 7.. Return to winchester just in time to submit your DAOR papers and fcuk off back to chavsville.

Allow 3 weeks of hangover then attempt to sue the MOD for loss of earnings ( and win no doubt ) because you haven't been in long enough to get a real injury ( which the MOD don't pay out for...wnakers)

I don't think i missed anything ........or did I ?

Medders out

6. Depends how often the useless b'stard who runs the laundry can be bothered to open. (assuming its still the same person)

7. Hi Chris87,

When are you going in ? My son signs his contract on Monday and is going in on 19th March.

Pam.

8. 5th march cant wait now

9. Laundry is not limited. Basically drop your stuff in with the staff, get a ticket, and collect the following day. It is not the best laundry in the world and therefore I woudl not take your designer stuff but it serves the purpose.

10. A laundry?? I had to fecking handwash all my kit when I went through basic training.

(back in the day etc etc)

11. blue-sophist

Thanks for that ... had me a bit baffled! Are we saying that U/T Squaddies get laundry service? Good Chr*st ... whatever next?

12. As opposed to crabs who don't actually bother doing any sort of basic training. Why bother? They're just civvies in a crympolene and polyester uniform. ;)

13. blue-sophist

You can't sew Dragon badges on crimplene without extensive training, pal.

And all that running around ... looks like panic anyway. Stroll from A to B, or get a spare chopper driver to take you where you want to go. They have cupboards full of old but serviceable ones waiting for a purpose .. :yawnstretch:

14. Ok, so what is the value handwashing kit when recruits, and more importantly instructors, are busy enough as it is. By all means if we are saying the ability to handwash kit is more important than fitness, shooting, first aid etc then may be we need to look again at CMS(R) but I suspect the current system is prob best for the times.

However, we used to fight battles wearing red tunics and forming squares! ... perhaps we shoudl be doing that too!

15. blue-sophist

I thought it fell under the general heading of "Personal Admin" and getting a sense of responsibility for self and equipment. Laundry service seems to reinforce the idea of "someone else will sort it out for me".

However, I agree that training time is precious. So when do they get taught to look after themselves?