ATR Winchester HELP!!!

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Joe1r5, Apr 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HEllo boys and girls!

im off to start phase 1 in a few weeks and am just after some last min help and check ups!

i'm very, very much already apart of military life since i have grown up living all over the place with the army however there are a few bits and bobs i would like to confirm before i go.

its very very very HOT these days and i just want to ask how much CIVI kit i will need to take???? For example how many shorts, t-shirts, trousers etc.

THIS IS CIVI kit ONLY. i mean i cant really see me needed much as i'll be busy busy busy!

what will i need and how much of it. THANKS
  2. 1 x tracksuit
    2/3 x t shirt
    1 x shorts

will do you sound, you wont get chance to wear civvie stuff, specially in the 1st 6 weeks

i usually wear my div tracksuit aFTER HRS
  3. cheers pal

my suit (for france)
    swim kit
    sports kit
    and a pair of trousers, tops for time off in ther afternoon

OH also one last question mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what do i wear when i get off at the station????
    i did have planned to wear smart jeans and a shirt with neat black shoes but some one told me not to wear jeans! and to wear tracksuit trousers but thats not smart.

???????? ANYONE?

4. Stick with your initial reaction - generally most recruits wear either jeans with a shirt / etc or a suit. I have seen ripped shorts, old combat trousers and a full football strip before now - none of which set the tone.

Also make sure you have your personnal documentation handy (ie at the top fo your case / bags becuase you will need to did them out when you go through your initial documentation when you arrive).

When are you due to start training at ATR(W) ?
  5. 28th may (4 weeks time). as a royal engoneer pal!

cheers for your tips.

i was pretty sure to start with but i just wanted to be safe rather than sry.