ATR Pirbright

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by ottenj88, Apr 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi there, anyone going to ATR Pirbright on July 21st?
    was supposed to go to Winchester but becasue of Lichfield's closure I have to go to Pirbright lol :roll:

2. Are u starting basic then? im starting basic at pirbright on the 7th of july

3. yeah m8 im starting Basic on the 21st, how cum u startin earlier thn? must be nmore than one intake, all i know is that there was only one RMP position left on the 21st of july so my recruting SGT saved it for me. what u goin in as?

4. Out of interest does anyone know what will be happening to Lichfield? Is it merely closing as an ATR or is it being closed and scrapped off?

5. Well young man, i can assure you, that your recruiting Sgt would not have 'saved' you the slot, that would purely be down to an available vacancy being there. In addition to that, should you complete phase one and two training and persist in writing in the gibberish you just did, you will rapidly become familiar with something known as the re write book.

6. the recruting sgt had put the postition on a "promise" as he put it and was marked as such, and what are you talking about with the "gibberish" remark???

7. yes from my understanding when i was there, it is being closed totally. there will be no more soldiers passing out from lichfield after a bit.

8. Try to write in English if you want to text a mate crack on, but if are going to post on here try to avoid the temptation. I am sure that when you get into the RMP your note book will be a delight.

9. It's a slow day so I'll take up the challenge if nobody else will...

'yeah m8 im starting Basic on the 21st, how cum u startin earlier thn? must be nmore than one intake, all i know is that there was only one RMP position left on the 21st of july so my recruting SGT saved it for me. what u goin in as?'

yeah [Yeah]
    m8 [mate, ]
    im [I am or I'm]
    how cum [why are or how come]
    u [you]
    startin [starting]
    thn [then]
    . must [. Must]
    nmore [???]
    . what [. What]
    july [July]
    recruting SGT [Recruiting Sgt]
    u [you]
    goin [going]

... 14 counts of gibberish by my estimate.

10. I apologize if I have caused undue offense. I thought it would be much quicker to write in text message language, seems I was mistaken :glomp:

11. Well done mate good luck at the ATR.

12. thanks mate

13. Good luck indeed. See you on the 21st.

14. are you there on the 21st?

15. I'm starting phase 1 there on 7th July.