atr pirbright

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Dazza, Aug 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi ppl starting basic at atr pirbright on 29th august anyone else starting then any advice and whats pirbright like

2. It's sort of like a basic training depot but nowhere near as good, professional or as soldier like as Junior Leaders.

3. It is like a place with grammar and punctuation (full stops, commas, question marks etc etc).

4. Steer clear of a fat, ginger, Scottish Cpl with the catch phrase “I’ll fcuking destroy you!!!”

5. Two major downsides to Pirbright.

1. its darn saarf

2. Its full of guards types, shouting Sgt Maj's and people who like to refer to others as "oi chippy"

You will enjoy your training, if you don't enjoy it you should transfer to be a civvie.

6. Although it is amusing watching people on the AA Drill Cse standing with head in hedge giving themselves a damn good bolloking.

7. Will be there myself at the end of October for my test at RSC, if you get a chance let me know more of what it's like there as there is where I will be doing my basic training too.

8. im currently at atc (p) and going into week 8, its been pretty good so far, expect a beasting and dont take anything too seriously coz u gonna get massive alot and da boyz from pirbright will know wat that means,

to your duties......fallllllllllll out !!!!!!!!!

9. It's good to hear positive feedback from the depots nowadays,

Makes a refreshing change :lol:

10. da boyz @ pirbright r massive init.

11. I start 23rd August, does anyone else?

12. Would that be Sid ?

13. Although you must have some amazing eyesight to see them in Catterick!!! :p

14. anyone start 28th November?

15. I start 15th November :)... Good times, can't wait!